• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A day in the life of... a pilot

• Thread starter Silentstriker01
  • Start date
S

Silentstriker01

Hey all, I'm currently preparing for my interview on Monday, and was wondering if any pilot's or anybody else with current knowledge could describe a day in the life of a CF pilot. Besides flying what other duties are you responsible for on base? Thanks

Sorry If this has already been asked I did use the search function but did not find exactly what I was looking for.

Silentstriker01 said:
Thank you that was very helpful!

No problem!

Also, have you checked out some of the videos on forces.ca? There's a video on Life in the Air Force and Basic Military Officer Qualification.

Hey how long did it take you to get from your application to an offer to aircrew selection? Are you in school?

I submitted my initial paperwork probably around Oct 1st and was called about 3-4 weeks later to book an interview, CFAT and medical. I had my initial medical but I have to submit additional information, eye exam next week, blood test and urinalysis, next saturday and a doctors report on an operation I had. I haven't gotten an offer to aircrew selections yet but I'm hoping if everything check out medically in time, I'll receive an offer for the December one. Once I submit all my addtional medical documents they get sent to Ontario where I will receive the thumbs up or thumbs down. They told me that could take from 10 days to a month. I am in grade 12.

Silentstriker01 said:
I submitted my initial paperwork probably around Oct 1st and was called about 3-4 weeks later to book an interview, CFAT and medical. I had my initial medical but I have to submit additional information, eye exam next week, blood test and urinalysis, next saturday and a doctors report on an operation I had. I haven't gotten an offer to aircrew selections yet but I'm hoping if everything check out medically in time, I'll receive an offer for the December one. Once I submit all my addtional medical documents they get sent to Ontario where I will receive the thumbs up or thumbs down. They told me that could take from 10 days to a month. I am in grade 12.
Silentstriker, that's what I did as well.  Unfortunately, I've only had my air nav exam and turned down the job offer because I really want to get pilot. I applied at the beginning of last year (my grade 12) and I'm in first year university taking engineering and I'm still waiting for an offer to aircrew selection in Toronto.
Best of luck to you though!

This is my first post on the forums but have been reading quite a bit.  I had my initial interview for direct entry pilot (I have a Mechanical Engineering degree) back in June, followed by the medical, blood work, eye exam, etc.  I was told that based on my CFAT and interview, I was competitive for the trade, but they obviously couldn't tell me where I fell on the list.  They told me to check back in a month.  I did and my file manager told me that I am on the list to go to ASC but they didn't have any more openings until possibly the new fiscal year (April).  So I have been patiently waiting but don't expect to hear anything until April at the earliest.
Just thought I would mention that as it seems they are quite backed up at ASC in Trenton.

Back