• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A bit about me

Look after yourself AbdullahD and push yourself, but stay within the limits of health.

I had a cold that developed into bronchitis, but I still did hard workouts--and it turned into walking pneumonia because I was pushing my lungs too hard.  Avoid that stress fracture by giving yourself time to heal :).  Work on resistance training or weights to keep you in shape :).

I hope you get better and look forward to serving with you in the future.  I enjoy reading your posts!

Take care,
Brian

bscriber said:
Look after yourself AbdullahD and push yourself, but stay within the limits of health.

I had a cold that developed into bronchitis, but I still did hard workouts--and it turned into walking pneumonia because I was pushing my lungs too hard.  Avoid that stress fracture by giving yourself time to heal :).  Work on resistance training or weights to keep you in shape :).

I hope you get better and look forward to serving with you in the future.  I enjoy reading your posts!

Take care,
Brian

Thanks for the kind words. I hope one day, we can meet each other, in uniform.

This is a continuation of my last post; I have been having pain or more correctly aches in my knee, which got to the point of me wishing to see a doctor. So I booked an appointment for earlier today and coincidentally my orthodics arrived before the appointment so I put them in.

When I got to the Doctor, which happens to be a husband and wife team, who have been looking after me since I was a kid. The wife who was seeing me that day, did a double take on me. I told her I had been going to the gym etc, told her my pain and what triggers it etc, she examined me and gave me good news that it was nothing serious just a combination of my flat feet and Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome.

I showed her my orthodics and she was suprised at how 'hard' they were and asked who did it, happily that podiatrist checked out in her opinion. But she put me on a 30 day program to fix me Patellofemoral Pain issue and she said after that I can ease into running :) and nothing was functionally wrong with my legs or knees and this is kind of expected from those who don't do anything and then start excersizing. So I shouldn't worry, which makes me happy.

The real kicker is the Doc knows me, my wife, my family etc.. and I told her what I have been doing at the gym and how far I have came and how genuinely happy she was meant a lot to me. She was darn proud of me and said I am looking good. Then we had a very brief talk about people who come to her and do not take her advice or recommendations, she was positively happy I did. Yet, this made me slightly sad for all the medical staff out there, who have to watch people kill themselves and can't do anything.

Any rate, I am still chugging along. I am in it for the Marathon not a sprint ;)

Abdullah

Hi AbdullahD,

I wish I could take a break from the running!  LOL, I am more of a weights guy then a cardio guy, so I am struggling with my runs.  My best friend (who is RCMP) and my girlfriend are both runners, so at least I have some people to push me along. I'm still in the process of losing weight, which is helping, but I worry I might not be as in shape as I hope to be before I go (though I can pass the FORCE test, as I have practiced at that)

I am glad your doctor was impressed with your changes.  It is nice to get confirmation that we are looking like we are ready to do this!

I too hope we get a chance to meet in uniform.  I am hoping to get selected from the merit list next week, so hopefully a date in January or February will be offered.  Given the "desperate" (recruiters words) need for AEC Officers, I imagine that is what I will be selected for, so hopefully it will be an earlier date.

Good luck, and please keep in touch,

Brian

I figured since I had not posted since December.. I'd give a little update.

Between my two jobs I have been averaging 60hrs or more a week.. a couple weeks I did 60 hours in 4 days.. So my time at the gym has been hurt.

I also, due to being on the road a lot, gained 2% body fat without noticing. I am now being a Nazi or trying to on my diet. Good news is I am still getting stronger, I am easing into running and have learned about all these neat kinds of squats to help my knees.

I was hitting the gym roughly 6 hrs a week before now I sit around 2 or 3 hours.. so I have slowed down.. but I am still going. I used to use creatine, pre workouts and many things under the sun to help me build, but have cut that back severely to just Protein and a rare pre workout  (sometimes it is the only way i get to the gym).

I know you guys must see a lot of 'want to be soldiers' pop in and out and must discount them to a big extent. You can place me in the 'want to be' section of course, but im still on this train and my wife and the gym I go to ( which is across from the armoury in town) all encourage my lazy *** to keep going.

I need to be at a certain level of fitness to pass basic and I will get there.. my arms have literally doubled in size since I started, if not more and I just have a bit farther to go. I know guys in the Armed forces work hard.. but I keep telling myself after im done BMQ i won't have to work 60+hrs a week every week and I'll get to see my family more. I am sure there will be times like deployments or training were I won't be home a lot or at all.. but it has to be better then where I am at now.

You all stay safe, God bless
Abdullah

Don't get too obsessed about size (appearance).  General strength and especially endurance are far more important.  Although there is relationship between size and strength, it is not necessarily a linear one.  Look more to swimmers than bodybuilders for your inspiration.

mariomike said:
As a driver?

Driving and ripping parts for cars to be fixed for resale, from a Junkyard.

Pusser said:
Don't get too obsessed about size (appearance).  General strength and especially endurance are far more important.  Although there is relationship between size and strength, it is not necessarily a linear one.  Look more to swimmers than bodybuilders for your inspiration.

Now that is interesting, thank you.

Abdullah

Back