• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

9 people shot, 3 of them fatally, at Fort Lauderdale airport, reports say

Latest says suspect (dead) arrived on a flight from Canada with his weapon flown in checked luggage. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorisK said:
Latest says suspect (dead) arrived on a flight from Canada with his weapon flown in checked luggage. 

False info, suspect is in custody....

NFLD Sapper said:
False info, suspect is in custody....

Appreciate the correction.  BZ

I find it strange that he flew out of Canada with a checked weapon.  CATSA X-ray every bag especially those on US bound flights any weapons found in luggage have the police brought in.  Especially a weapon and ammunition.  Shouldn't happen.

jollyjacktar said:
I find it strange that he flew out of Canada with a checked weapon.  CATSA X-ray every bag especially those on US bound flights any weapons found in luggage have the police brought in.  Especially a weapon and ammunition.  Shouldn't happen.

ASFAIK checking a firearm is not illegal as long as it is declared?  Also,they stated he loaded it in the washroom after retrieving it from his luggage.  Things are fluid right no way so we don't have all the facts yet so who knows.

Air Canada says they had no such passenger and no checked firearms on their flight.

I'm never posting again until things are confirmed  as it's amazing how wrong 'latest reports' are.  *facepalm*

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/no-canadian-connection-to-airport-shooting-officials-say-1.3230725?hootPostID=bf1158704b52cf96fcc7632e0bf3521e

George Wallace said:
Close enough.....I guess the police watch too much South Park.

Someone clearly does.  Canada, Alaska, meh same thing.  [:D

BorisK said:
I'm never posting again until things are confirmed  as it's amazing how wrong 'latest reports' are.  *facepalm*

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/no-canadian-connection-to-airport-shooting-officials-say-1.3230725?hootPostID=bf1158704b52cf96fcc7632e0bf3521e

Even "confirmed" reports are not always confirmed. :p

My condolences to the families affected and I hope he gets tried, somehow in a state with the death penalty.

Back