• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

82 pattern webbing.

aircadet819

Inactive
Reaction score
I own 82pattern webbing rucksack and Nuke bag. They all work fine except my 82 pattern webbing pouches tend to fall apart at the seems. It usually starts with the pouches fraying this happened with my canteen pouches. Any suggestions to avoid this from happening again and how to repair.

It's old and worn out,  not too much you can do about fraying really.  Just get a lighter and burn it the frayed material.

As well,  use zap straps and tape on the pouches to secure them to the webbing belt as the plastic knobs tend to break easily.

aircadet819 said:
I own 82pattern webbing rucksack and Nuke bag. They all work fine except my 82 pattern webbing pouches tend to fall apart at the seems. It usually starts with the pouches fraying this happened with my canteen pouches. Any suggestions to avoid this from happening again and how to repair.

Red Green (new CF member):  "Gun Tape."

If it's old and worn out, it's going to fall apart, not a lot you can do.

Since you paid for it yourself and are probably motivated to fix the problem... find a sewing store, buy a bottle of "fray-stop" (It's a sort of glue, might find a similar product under other brand names), and apply to all the seams. More effective then burning with a lighter.

Anything that's already come apart, sew back up, but it'll probably come apart again soon, once that stuff wears thin it's not really salvageable.

Thanks I will probably replace it with Alice gear or something else if it gets worst the gear is old and I've had for long time it's gotten some good use in cadets out in the field.
Thanks

Back