• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

7-8 July 2016: Sharpshooter kills 5 cops @ Dallas protest

Bass ackwards said:
I don't disagree with you Colin, but post that in the wrong place and you'll be burned at the stake for being a homophobe, an anti-feminist, or just an all around heretic. It is 2016 after all...

Absolutely correct.  And that is our major source of grief

Lightguns said:
So now, the real up-arming of emergency services begins. 

From what I have read, departments in the U.S. have been buying a lot of BPPE since the Department of Homeland Security issued the Active Shooter/Hostile Event (ASHE ) Guide in July, 2016,

It says,

The lack of ballistic protection equipment should not preclude Paramedics from forming into RTFs with law enforcement force protection to treat and extract the injured.

Considerations for Fire/EMS:
 Change mindset – A lack of familiarity with ASHE scenes and being asked to enter an unfamiliar threat environment can lead to pushback.
 Meet with Unions – Fire/EMS are exposed to a greater threat during an ASHE. Understand that they will likely be hesitant to start an ASHE program.
 Expand the job description – Some firefighters do not see an ASHE response in the scope of their current job description.
 Develop increased awareness of PPE and its capabilities.

The City of Toronto revised their "Non-Tactical Paramedic Response to Emergency Task Force (ETF) Incidents" S.O.P. on June 15, 2016.

Bass ackwards said:
I don't disagree with you Colin, but post that in the wrong place and you'll be burned at the stake for being a homophobe, an anti-feminist, or just an all around heretic. It is 2016 after all...

Science is on my side, what could possibly go wrong, oh hey nice to see you Galileo  [:p

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/06/19/the-importance-of-fathers-according-to-science/

Dallas cop files suit accusing Black Lives Matter of inciting anti-cop violence
https://www.policeone.com/legal/articles/222276006-Dallas-cop-files-suit-accusing-Black-Lives-Matter-of-inciting-anti-cop-violence/
Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, president of the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation and a 17-year law enforcement veteran, filed the amended complaint in federal court Friday

DALLAS — A Dallas police sergeant has filed a federal lawsuit against Black Lives Matter leaders and others, blaming the movement for race riots and violence against police officers.

Back