• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

7-8 July 2016: Sharpshooter kills 5 cops @ Dallas protest

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Holy crap!!!!!!!!  Condolences to those close to the fallen cops, and hopes for a speedy recovery by the wounded ones ...
Snipers operating from rooftops in Dallas killed five police officers and wounded six more in a coordinated attack during one of several protests across the country against the killing of two black men by police this week.

Police described Thursday night's ambush as carefully planned and executed and said they had taken three people into custody before a fourth died. Dallas-based media said the suspect died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound after a standoff that extended into Friday morning.

The fourth suspect exchanged gunfire with police during the standoff at a downtown garage and warned of placing bombs throughout the city. Police have not yet confirmed his death.

The attack took place as a protest in Dallas that included a police presence was winding down. It was one of the worst mass shootings of police in U.S. history.

No motive has been given for the shootings at the downtown protest, one of many held in major cities across the United States on Thursday. New York police made more than a dozen arrests on Thursday night, while protesters briefly shut down one of Chicago's main arteries.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown said the shooters, some in elevated positions, used sniper rifles to fire at the officers in what appeared to be a coordinated attack.

"(They were) working together with rifles, triangulating at elevated positions in different points in the downtown area where the march ended up going," Brown told a news conference, adding a civilian was also wounded.

"It has been a devastating night. We are sad to report a fifth officer has died," Dallas police said on Twitter ...
Initial report caveats apply -- more via Google News here.

- mod edits to fix thread title to reflect lone shooter & add date -

Sadly, I am neither shocked or surprised at this development. I expected it was only a matter of time before one would lead to the other as has happened this past week.

RIP Boys, was listening to it on the online scanner, sounds like its going to be a long rough patch for Dallas PD. Yes, Black lives matter but so do White, and Blue and Green, etc

July 8, 2016

The Wall Street Journal

Suspect in Dallas Police Shootings Targeted White Officers
Suspect was killed when officials detonated bomb delivered by robot
http://www.wsj.com/articles/dallas-shooting-suspect-targeted-white-officers-was-killed-when-officials-detonated-bomb-1467982329?mod=e2tw

jollyjacktar said:
Sadly, I am neither shocked or surprised at this development. I expected it was only a matter of time before one would lead to the other as has happened this past week.

Too true. We can expect more headlines like this in the future.

RIP to the fallen officers

marinemech said:
Yes, Black lives matter  but so do White, and Blue and Green, etc
The left says this is extremely racist,  privileged and attacks blacks.  You're not supposed to say all lives matter.

Jarnhamar said:
The left says this is extremely racist,  privileged and attacks blacksblacks.  You're not supposed to say all lives matter.
Time and place.

RIP to the fallen, thoughts go out to their families.

Was glad to hear they took the shooter out.  I hope the last thing he saw was his ass going over his head.

There are 3 other people in custody relating to this incident (not including the good fellow who turned himself in and then was released), including 2 people (male and female) taken into custody after a "high risk" stop on the freeway. The suspect that was killed is not included in the 3, and the police have stated that they do not believe his statements that he was acting alone.

Altair said:
Time and place.

Got a time estimate when it's okay to shift from facebook profile pictures to discussing how to save lives and stop this kind of violence?

I'm not sure if you seen it Altiar but minutes after the shooting BLM radicals started calling for more cop shootings across social media, and praying the wounded die. When do YOU think is a good time to discuss that?

Our condolences to the fallen officers and I fervently hope the wounded recover.

:salute:

That was war, not policing. It makes me angry that someone would use a movement as cover for cold blooded murder.

Jarnhamar said:
Got a time estimate when it's okay to shift from facebook profile pictures to discussing how to save lives and stop this kind of violence?

I'm not sure if you seen it Altiar but minutes after the shooting BLM radicals started calling for more cop shootings across social media, and praying the wounded die. When do YOU think is a good time to discuss that?
Let the radicals say what they want elsewhere on the Web,  but as far as I know nobody here said that and I don't know why that needed to be brought up.

This is a time of tragedy not a time to score political/social points.

Altair said:
Let the radicals say what they want elsewhere on the Web,  but as far as I know nobody here said that and I don't know why that needed to be brought up.

This is a time of tragedy not a time to score political/social points.
Altair if you haven't forgotten this is a discussion forum and a form of social media. If you want your contribution to amount to a "RIP" post then that's your business and I won't try and change that. At the same time don't try and control how I contribute to the discussion. I have close friends are are LEOs and the last thing I want is some asshole to get the dumb idea to try the same thing up here.

The fact that BLM members go after people, including African-Americans, who say "No, ALL lives matter" is very telling about their organization. It deserves to be discussed.

Agree 100%.  We discuss ISIS, etc and their willingness to kill people.  Any people, all people.  BLM radicals calling for 'more deaths...kill them!" is not so different where the rubber meets the road, is it?

Article Link

TUCSON, Ariz. — A man’s Facebook post about a recent traffic stop is going viral.

Steven Hildreth Jr. says he was pulled over by the Tucson Police Department for a broken headlight. When the officer asked if he had any weapons, he told him he is a concealed carry permit holder and had a gun on his right hip.

Because his wallet was in his back-right pocket, the officer needed to disarm him to check his ID. Hildreth wrote about his experience with the officer and posted it to his Facebook page.

So, I’m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I’m already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

“Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. “Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”

I smile. “Thank you, sir.”

I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe…just maybe…that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you.

I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

#BlueLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter

Eye In The Sky said:
Article Link

TUCSON, Ariz. — A man’s Facebook post about a recent traffic stop is going viral.

Steven Hildreth Jr. says he was pulled over by the Tucson Police Department for a broken headlight. When the officer asked if he had any weapons, he told him he is a concealed carry permit holder and had a gun on his right hip.

Because his wallet was in his back-right pocket, the officer needed to disarm him to check his ID. Hildreth wrote about his experience with the officer and posted it to his Facebook page.

So, I’m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I’m already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

“Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. “Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”

I smile. “Thank you, sir.”

I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe…just maybe…that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you.

I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

#BlueLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter
As a visible minority I've had to deal with police maybe 10 times in my life. Only once did a cop feel the need to put a gun to my face.

So 90% of my experiences have been positive. I can tell you which one sticks with me.

So even with lets say 99 percent of police officers being honorable respectable people who handle traffic stops like the one you quoted and 1 percent doing stupid stuff, with the amount of police in America that's still a lot of shootings.

BLM is stupid FWIW, all lives matter. This week a white kid was shot while lying down on the ground, but it wasn't really picked up by any major news network. If we started to look at everyone getting killed by police under questionable circumstances, not just black people,this problem of police violence might be worst.

Altair said:
BLM is stupid FWIW, all lives matter. This week a white kid was shot while lying down on the ground, but it wasn't really picked up by any major news network. If we started to look at everyone getting killed by police under questionable circumstances, not just black people,this problem of police violence might be worst.
I don't track a lot of what happens down there but there seems to be a number of instances where there's some questionable shootings and the official word is "nothing to see here, move along" which rightly pisses people off.  Reacting violently  is obviously a wrong and horrible choice. 
I'm expecting to hear about a ton of other issues the shooter had. 

Another long hot summer in the cities.

They say our 9-1-1 services are one,

8 Jul 2016
Today from the African American Defense League, "As you fight, remember that the FIREMAN and the POLICE are on the SAME SIDE! Don't be fooled!" Dr. Mauricelm-Lei Millere, African American Defense League - Organization for Afro-American Unity 2016. Join!"
https://www.facebook.com/aadlafricanamericandefenseleague/

That is one reason ( I read years ago that it was the main reason. ) city firefighters don't ride to calls on the back steps of their trucks anymore.

Two days ago a guy plead guilty to puncturing a fire hose during the Baltimore riots.

July 8, 2016
In the US, big city paramedics are fire-based. Today a 15-year-old perp was taken away in handcuffs after he shot a BB gun out of his third-floor window and wounded a FDNY EMT on a call in the Bronx.
http://bronx.news12.com/news/emt-recovers-at-hospital-after-being-shot-by-bb-gun-1.12021028

Holy.  Fack.
A man opened fire on a highway in Tennessee because he was troubled by incidents involving black people and law enforcement officers, authorities said on Friday.

In a news release, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said initial conversations with the suspect, identified as Lakeem Keon Scott, revealed he was troubled by incidents across the U.S.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Scott is black, while the shooting victims are white.

Investigators say Scott killed one person and wounded three others, including a police officer.

Jennifer Rooney, a Bristol Herald Courier newspaper carrier, was killed after being shot while driving in her vehicle on Volunteer Parkway.

Officer Matthew Cousins sustained a wound to the leg, but was treated and released from a local hospital.

According to WJHL, Scott had two guns early Thursday morning when he shot at a motel in Bristol, Tennessee, and then shot at several passing cars. When he was confronted by police, he fired at the three officers who responded.

Scott was shot by the officers and is being treated at a hospital. He has not yet been charged ...
This from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations:
At the request of 2nd District Attorney General Barry Staubus, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation continues to investigate the circumstances surrounding a series of shootings in Bristol Thursday that claimed the life of a woman and left four other individuals injured, including the alleged gunman.

TBI Agents and Forensic Scientists continue to work as aggressively, as quickly, and as carefully as possibly to process any and all relevant evidence and interviews to determine the exact series of events. Preliminarily, the investigation has revealed the subject, identified as Lakeem Keon Scott (DOB 12-15-78), was armed with at least two weapons (an automatic-style rifle and a pistol) and a large amount of ammunition at approximately 2:20 Thursday morning when he fired shots through the window of the Days Inn on Volunteer Parkway, striking the clerk. Scott also appears to have, at some point, indiscriminately fired at several vehicles driving on Volunteer Parkway before being confronted by officers from the Bristol, Tennessee police department. During that exchange, the investigation shows Scott fired at the three responding officers, after which the officers returned fire, striking Scott, who was subsequently transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center, where at the time of this release, he remains in serious, but stable, condition ...

Back