• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

FBI Finds Scant Evidence US Capitol Attack Was Coordinated​

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

More at link.
Posted already (three posts above yours) and brihard gave a very good reply to it.

Guilty plea today to two felony counts, one of assaulting a police officer and one of obstructing a federal proceeding. Sentence will likely fall between 41 and 51 months- and that’s with a guilty plea. Anyone who takes it to trial and loses is probably gonna have a bad time at sentencing.

Nice seeing Justice done.

Guilty plea today to two felony counts, one of assaulting a police officer and one of obstructing a federal proceeding. Sentence will likely fall between 41 and 51 months- and that’s with a guilty plea. Anyone who takes it to trial and loses is probably gonna have a bad time at sentencing.

Nice seeing Justice done.

What?? No rebellion or insurrection convictions? Shocked I say.

What?? No rebellion or insurrection convictions? Shocked I say.
Yes, we’re all well aware of the mental gymnastics you go through to pretend the mob there was not actually trying to do what they were collectively trying to do. When thousands of people use violence to assault authorities and to “obstruct an official proceeding”, and said official proceeding is the legal counting of electoral ballots, and when the intent of said mob is to see that the guy who lost the election nonetheless be installed as president, you let me know what word in the English language nicely captures the nature and quality of that collective attack on democracy.

In any case, people are now deservedly going to jail. I hope they appreciate the irony of having given up their rights to vote or own firearms. That’s the thing with trying to overthrow democratic process; not pulling it off can suck.

This group Sedition Hunters seems to be doing some very excellent internet work. I doubt they had a debate about the English language vs Legal terms when they picked their name lol.

Yes, we’re all well aware of the mental gymnastics you go through to pretend the mob there was not actually trying to do what they were collectively trying to do. When thousands of people use violence to assault authorities and to “obstruct an official proceeding”, and said official proceeding is the legal counting of electoral ballots, and when the intent of said mob is to see that the guy who lost the election nonetheless be installed as president, you let me know what word in the English language nicely captures the nature and quality of that collective attack on democracy. In any case, people are now deservedly going to jail. I hope they appreciate the irony of having given up their rights to vote or own firearms. That’s the thing with trying to overthrow democratic process; not pulling it off can suck.

You are reaching and desperately trying to link assault PO and obstruct federal proceeding to the Democrat/media narrative this was some real rebellion. The FBI have already sunk that theory. There were some bad people that got what they deserved but this was no insurrection. That narrative was pushed breathlessly by CNN et al and lapped up by anyone that can't see past the politics of it. Your hyperventilating about Trump won't change that nor detract from the rolling disaster that is the Biden administration which you were so gleeful about.

I'm sorry Brihard, your political preferences (Trudeau/Biden) have turned out to both be utter disasters and no amount of mental gymnastics with the Jan 6th ordeal or any other media spun BS will change that.

You are reaching and desperately trying to link assault PO and obstruct federal proceeding to the Democrat/media narrative this was some real rebellion. The FBI have already sunk that theory. There were some bad people that got what they deserved but this was no insurrection. That narrative was pushed breathlessly by CNN et al and lapped up by anyone that can't see past the politics of it. Your hyperventilating about Trump won't change that nor detract from the rolling disaster that is the Biden administration which you were so gleeful about.

I'm sorry Brihard, your political preferences (Trudeau/Biden) have turned out to both be utter disasters and no amount of mental gymnastics with the Jan 6th ordeal or any other media spun BS will change that.
My “political preferences” for Trudeau? What sort of high-test dope are you smoking? And where have I been “gleeful” about Biden? I feel he sucks less than the other guy, but that’s hardly a ringing endorsement. If you could refrain from flat out making stuff up, that would be helpful to your position.

I asked and I’ll ask again: what term applies to what that mob was trying to achieve and the manner in which they tried to achieve it? Because they weren’t shy about their intentions, yet you don’t seem willing to admit it. What would you call it? Our language has lots of nuanced words for things. Pick one.

My “political preferences” for Trudeau? What sort of high-test dope are you smoking? And where have I been “gleeful” about Biden? I feel he sucks less than the other guy, but that’s hardly a ringing endorsement. If you could refrain from flat out making stuff up, that would be helpful to your position.

I asked and I’ll ask again: what term applies to what that mob was trying to achieve and the manner in which they tried to achieve it? Because they weren’t shy about their intentions, yet you don’t seem willing to admit it. What would you call it? Our language has lots of nuanced words for things. Pick one.
For some, unless you 100% approve of what one politician does you are obviously supporting the other side.

It certainly does nothing for political discourse.
Political discourse went out the window the minute an outsider decided to run and win. It's been far worse than discourse since then. And the curtains have been pulled back for everyone to see. The result is far less trust in the institutions and far more people now asking questions.

Political discourse went out the window the minute an outsider decided to run and win. It's been far worse than discourse since then. And the curtains have been pulled back for everyone to see. The result is far less trust in the institutions and far more people now asking questions.
It actually pre dates that. It actually predates when a Black man decided to run and win as well. Distrust in institutions is very much an American thing (the whole country is based on that when it was created) that, thanks to the internet has spread a bit beyond their borders.

The investigative rooting continues ...
The FBI on Wednesday released new information regarding the suspect who placed pipe bombs at two locations on Capitol Hill the night before the Jan. 6 insurrection.

The agency shared a virtual map highlighting the route the suspect walked while placing the bombs in an alley behind the Republican National Committee Headquarters and on a park bench near the Democratic National Committee Headquarters.

It also released video footage of a bench near the DNC where the pipe bomb was placed which offers a "full front view" of the suspect ...
Video map here, newly-release video here.

New propaganda tools:

Trump Insiders Are Quietly Paying Teen Memers For Posts​

Documents show that meme accounts rife with disinformation have also become shadowy advertising tools for some notable Republicans.
By Jesselyn Cook

In the fever swamps of Instagram, a network of right-wing meme accounts run by teenage boys and young men has erupted into an advertising powerhouse reaching millions. These memers — who regularly post far-right conspiracy theories, anti-vaccine propaganda and other incendiary clickbait — first caught the attention of obscure brands selling cheap MAGA merch, who started paying them to display ads to their rapidly growing conservative audiences. The money wasn’t great, as a few memers told HuffPost last summer, but it still felt like a big deal to watch their Instagram pages blossom into mini businesses.
Little did they know, members of Donald Trump’s inner circle would soon come knocking.
ADVERTISEMENT

Since the 2020 election, these meme moguls have quietly collected payments to run ads for the Trump campaign’s “Election Defense Fund”; former senior Trump aide Jason Miller’s new social media network, GETTR; Trump confidant Mike Lindell’s bedding company, MyPillow; and, as recently as a few weeks ago, the National Republican Senatorial Committee. In a few cases, the memers have included high-schoolers as young as 14. Some of these discreet ad deals were brokered directly between teens and former members of the Trump White House, communications obtained by HuffPost reveal. ...

🍻

Yes, we’re all well aware of the mental gymnastics you go through to pretend the mob there was not actually trying to do what they were collectively trying to do. When thousands of people use violence to assault authorities and to “obstruct an official proceeding”, and said official proceeding is the legal counting of electoral ballots, and when the intent of said mob is to see that the guy who lost the election nonetheless be installed as president, you let me know what word in the English language nicely captures the nature and quality of that collective attack on democracy.

In any case, people are now deservedly going to jail. I hope they appreciate the irony of having given up their rights to vote or own firearms. That’s the thing with trying to overthrow democratic process; not pulling it off can suck.
Actually Felons can vote now thx to Obama.
As well Felons can also petition to get their firearms rights back - generally only non violent felons though.

I've intentionally stayed out of this one here since my return - but lets be honest -- it wasn't "thousands" it was a hundred or so morons who made the rest look bad.
I mean how could this happen since "everyone" loves #notmypresidentBiden and he had the largest turn out for an election ever - even more than President Obama...

I don't condone the violence that occurred at the Capital - but in the interest of Justice - I'd also like to see all the BLM and ANTIFA charged with their attacks on the various Federal Building and personnel that happened earlier in the summer.
Now there - you can find your thousands of insurrectionists...

Reactions: QV
Back