• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

I don’t mind debating if it qualifies as an insurrection or not. But the claims that this was peaceful and the work of just a few nut bars is denying reality.

Whew! That was a close one! The worlds greatest nuclear power was almost overrun by a fur rug and viking horn sporting nutcase with a wizard staff and a handful of troublemakers predominantly armed with less lethal weapons. Close call!
The Capital police being criminally undermanned and criminally underprepared does not make having a good chunk of the legislative branch representatives put into physical danger any less concerning or any less serious.

I wonder if your tune would change is there was a dead or injured vice president or speaker of the house.

If what one side states is accurate, that all of these insurrectionists were Trump supporting right wingers and we know in America the right wingers to be typically armed with all manner of firearms as they cruise through life under the banner of the second amendment, then if they were actually there to initiate an insurrection they could have easily stormed and attempted to take by force of arms the capital building killing politicians at will. That didn't happen at all, it wasn't even remotely close to an actual insurrection, and saying it was is just shilling for the Democrats political narrative.

I believe the only person killed deliberately was one of the protesters, a veteran and Trump supporter, and the details of that shooting have been shrouded in mystery (unlike any other police encounter these days).

Testimony starts tomorrow. Feel free to watch.
Speaker Pelosi posted her "Dear Colleague" news release 3 days ago. It will be testimony from 4 police officers.
Dear Colleague

Dear Colleague on Congress's Responsibility to Find the Truth & the January 6th Select Committee's First Hearing​

July 23, 2021
Press Release
Dear Democratic Colleague,
One year into the devastation of the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln sent a message to Congress, imploring Members to join as one to save the union. “Fellow-citizens,” he said. “We cannot escape history. We of this Congress and this administration will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance, or insignificance, can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the latest generation.”
Six months since the January 6th insurrection, we, too, have such a responsibility, as the Congress and Country face a time of challenge that is no less daunting for the fate of our Democracy. We have the duty, to the Constitution and the Country, to find the truth of the January 6th insurrection and to ensure that such an assault on our Democracy cannot again happen.
Tuesday, the bipartisan Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol will hold its first hearing. Under the leadership of Chairman Bennie Thompson, the Committee established the key priority to begin with the testimony of patriots who served and sacrificed on that dark day. To that end, we are honored by the participation on Tuesday of Harry Dunn, Private First Class, U.S. Capitol Police; Aquilino Gonell, Sergeant, U.S. Capitol Police; Michael Fanone, Officer, Metropolitan Police Department; and Daniel Hodges, Officer, Metropolitan Police Department. Each is a hero, and each will bring powerful testimony about the truth of the day.
Now, our imperative must be to find the truth. We must do so in a way that retains the trust of the American people in the proceedings, so that they will have confidence in the truth that emerges. And we must do so, recognizing that, as Lincoln said, “we cannot escape history.”
Thank you for your patriotism and leadership.
Sincerely,

Last edited:
If what one side states is accurate, that all of these insurrectionists were Trump supporting right wingers and we know in America the right wingers to be typically armed with all manner of firearms as they cruise through life under the banner of the second amendment, then if they were actually there to initiate an insurrection they could have easily stormed and attempted to take by force of arms the capital building killing politicians at will. That didn't happen at all, it wasn't even remotely close to an actual insurrection, and saying it was is just shilling for the Democrats political narrative.

I believe the only person killed deliberately was one of the protesters, a veteran and Trump supporter, and the details of that shooting have been shrouded in mystery (unlike any other police encounter these days).
I guess we should be happy that people tend not to take their arms when they go to a rally with the president there.

That said, you keep doing you. The mental gymnastics you engage in is very entertaining to read.

I just wonder if you would be singing the same tune if the situation was reversed and Trump managed to ACTUALLY win a second term and a BLM group stormed the capital to try to overturn the election results.

If by ‘killed deliberately’, you mean the Capitol police officer using lethal use of force to retain the secure zone containing National representatives and lawmakers, shooting Ashli Babbitt after she lead the mob activity and broke the window and attempted to force her way into the restricted area?

And of course the peaceful demonstrators didn’t mean for Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick to die, so we should just write that one off as job-related natural causes?

🤔

If by ‘killed deliberately’, you mean the Capitol police officer using lethal use of force to retain the secure zone containing National representatives and lawmakers, shooting Ashli Babbitt after she lead the mob activity and broke the window and attempted to force her way into the restricted area?

And of course the peaceful demonstrators didn’t mean for Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick to die, so we should just write that one off as job-related natural causes?

🤔

She should have just followed the securities orders. 🤷‍♂️

Testimony starts tomorrow. Feel free to watch.
Oh I will. It will be glorious.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

She should have just followed the securities orders. 🤷‍♂️
Play stupid games…

I’m amazed that some label that deliberate, as though the Capitol officer was hunting through the hallways to find her and kill her, yet Officer Sicknick must have just died somehow, not directly associated with the peaceful protestors…

Play stupid games…

I’m amazed that some label that deliberate, as though the Capitol officer was hunting through the hallways to find her and kill her, yet Officer Sicknick must have just died somehow, not directly associated with the peaceful protestors…

This is the type of environment right wing media, the rise of Q-Anon and an administration that couldn't admit defeat has fostered. It's a dangerous trifecta of misinformation that could can be carried over to COVID19 also.

🤔
As far as I'm aware, given the habits of legislatures and legislative security, and the enthusiastic US approach to (especially federal) security in general, it's impressive so few insurrectionists died. I kept expecting a line to be drawn and heavy weapons applied, once the initial shock and chain-of-command paralysis were overcome.

QV: if this had been a theatrical stunt; a few jackasses unrolling a TRUMP 4 EVAH banner from the visitor's gallery or something; then it would merit the name of protest, however stupid. As it is, it was premeditated, violent, with certain elements of the group planning specific violent acts once inside, and targeted at the mechanisms of government. Absolutely and entirely an insurrection, however incompetent, laughable, ineffective, and peculiar certain elements of it were.

Actually it was a bunch of clowns who had no plans whatsoever, but were seemingly thrust into aura of knowing what they were doing because the only people with less of a plan that day were the security forces.....
That’s not accurate. It describes many, but it certainly does not describe all. There were absolutely people in the mob at the Capitol who explicitly did plan to halt, by force, the counting of the electoral votes in order to prevent the constitutional process of transitioning power. There absolutely was communication and planning ahead of this.

There have even been convictions already

34 charges with conspiracy so far, undoubtedly more to come.

Statement of offense from one of the guilty pleas, where the individual admits the specific intent to prevent the counting of electoral votes.

So yeah, the simple facts themselves put your claim to bed. The DOJ website has links to all of the files thus far (clear the ‘conspiracy’ filter I put and I think you’ll get a couple hundred), and there’s all kinds of information available about the planned and deliberate actions to halt congressional proceedings, and the planned and deliberate attacks on police.

Youre just being pig-headed to fit your narrative.
Just because 5 stupid people think they have a plan doesn't mean they have a plan......like neither of us haven't seen this at work.

Ok, how's this?

With the lackluster security that day I thank frig these morons THOUGHT they had a plan and didn't actually have one.

I’m not entirely sure why it’s has to be an “oh yeah well those guys were worse” thing all the time. Taking over parts of cities, denying access to services and setting up your own armed “security” forces is bad.

whether the weapons are sophisticated or not, whether there were enough “people” to overthrow a government is an inane position, this was an organized attempt to disrupt government. And people died. It is also bad.

both are threats to civil democracy and should not readily find friends anywhere.

as for it not being big or serious enough, how many small actions in history triggered larger unintended consequence.

media has political slant. Especially any that tells you how unbiased their coverage is. Just don’t be friends to violent pricks on either side. 🤷‍♀️

Just because 5 stupid people think they have a plan doesn't mean they have a plan......like neither of us haven't seen this at work.

Ok, how's this?

With the lackluster security that day I thank frig these morons THOUGHT they had a plan and didn't actually have one.
Seems like you are the one creating the narrative. Brihard provided the necessary info to show that there was planning. And by more than one person. The FBI is actually looking I to many more as they discover plenty of internet trails.

now was the plan good? Maybe maybe not. But they managed to break into the Capitol.

was the capitol police lacklustre that day? Maybe. But maybe no one would ever think that their own citizens would ever attempt to do this.

the Right wing doesn’t get a free pass on this like some would like. A while ago there was thread on who would be the bigger threat to democracy in the event of a win or a loss etc etc. Trump won one and lost one. And only his side chose to try and physically take action against their own government.

so at least that matter of theory crafting is settled.

Ok, how's this?

Read the affidavits. Read the indictments. They’re all there. The ones so far, anyway. A lot had been done in six months, but a lot remains.

Back