• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

It's an interesting idea, this experiment: take those on the fringe that you think are extreme and excitable, well-armed, among the most likely to commit acts of terror, and turn the screws on them so that their notion of being singled out and persecuted is not just in their imaginations.

Pressure always seeks an outlet.

Trying to infantilize a bunch of grown ass adults doesn't lend you any bonus credibility on that.

Since the colloquialism surpassed your understanding: adults=responsible people; children=irresponsible people.

"The calls for violent resistance ..." have been going on for years. The entire 4 years of Trump's administration should have seen violent resistance. No point getting wound up over something that is just more banal rhetoric.

I wonder why “peaceful protesters” would bring flex-cuffs if they just wanted to voice their displeasure...?🤔
I don't know if it is legal for civilians to carry them, but why would anyone want to?

It's an interesting idea, this experiment: take those on the fringe that you think are extreme and excitable, well-armed, among the most likely to commit acts of terror, and turn the screws on them so that their notion of being singled out and persecuted is not just in their imaginations.

By singling out and persecuting do you mean arresting them if they break the law?

Seems to me that there has been a far more vicious reaction to the riots in Washington by right wing wackos than there was in Seattle for the BLM ones. Both should be condemned and tarred with the same brush without hesitation and most importantly without excuse for their actions.

I don't know if it is legal for civilians to carry them, but why would anyone want to?
It's part of their dress up costume along with Velcro patches. Those plate carriers are just $300 man purses.

Obviously, the wrong people were in charge of security.

I try to save being a conspiracy guy for aliens (which are real) but I still can't help but think someone in a position or positions of authority wanted protestors to overwealm the police and get inside. And ensured it happened.

Whether it's the stupid belief that they could force people to overturn the election results or get pictures of barbarians getting through the gates of Rome to terrify people I'm not sure.

The Dems had a chance to condemn this behaviour, while simultaneously appealing for unity. But no, they doubled down with talk of impeachment., which is going to further rile up the yahoos. Good start Biden, good start. :rolleyes:
I think they were between a rock and a hard place. I'm not sure how the Dems could call for unity and not be laughed at when it's clear that Trump supporters (and even elected officials, as it turns out) did this, after the stoking from Trump and other right-wing folks on social media. If they did, those yahoos would call victory, say the Dems are weak, and probably take further (and more extreme?) actions.

I'm not even sure how you could de-escalate at this point.

Has it been documented he brought those with him or did he pick them up at the site? Seems with the fuss they may have been dropped by by police. :unsure:
Even if he did, was he going to...what, hand them back to the police? And that's quite a few flex cuffs - did all of the police drop them at once?

It's part of their dress up costume along with Velcro patches. Those plate carriers are just $300 man purses.

I try to save being a conspiracy guy for aliens (which are real) but I still can't help but think someone in a position or positions of authority wanted protestors to overwealm the police and get inside. And ensured it happened.

Whether it's the stupid belief that they could force people to overturn the election results or get pictures of barbarians getting through the gates of Rome to terrify people I'm not sure.
A disinformation operation campaign launched against the police force at the Capitol might have helped the rioters' cause.

Or was it just plain old racism?

If rioters were Black, ‘hundreds’ would have been killed: Washington reflects on Capitol rampage

Lack of security and limited police response was in sharp contrast to largely peaceful Black Lives Matter protests in Washington last summer

The United States’ stark racial inequality was on display after a mob of predominantly white supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol with ease on Wednesday then left, according to Washington residents, activists and politicians, including President-elect Joe Biden.

At least five people lost their lives, including a woman who was fatally shot by police, and a police officer who died later in hospital.

https://vancouversun.com/pmn/news-p...ge-2/wcm/a27180fd-7ff7-43b1-b748-d391d5ff2f31

A disinformation operation campaign launched against the police force at the Capitol might have helped the rioters' cause.

Or was it just plain old racism?

If rioters were Black, ‘hundreds’ would have been killed: Washington reflects on Capitol rampage

Lack of security and limited police response was in sharp contrast to largely peaceful Black Lives Matter protests in Washington last summer

The United States’ stark racial inequality was on display after a mob of predominantly white supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol with ease on Wednesday then left, according to Washington residents, activists and politicians, including President-elect Joe Biden.

At least five people lost their lives, including a woman who was fatally shot by police, and a police officer who died later in hospital.

https://vancouversun.com/pmn/news-p...ge-2/wcm/a27180fd-7ff7-43b1-b748-d391d5ff2f31
I had to read it twice because I couldn't believe it was the Sun. I later realized the article itself is Reuters, shared by the Sun. :sneaky:

The Dems had a chance to condemn this behaviour, while simultaneously appealing for unity. But no, they doubled down with talk of impeachment., which is going to further rile up the yahoos. Good start Biden, good start. :rolleyes:
The Dems are responsible for this resultant behavior, with the conception, funding, propagation, and support of the Steele Dossier. They used legitimate U.S. government agencies (FBI,DOJ,DHS etc.) to concoct a narrative whose sole aim was to take down the democratically elected POTUS. They shat the bed, but now don't want to sleep in the same room. A pox on all their houses.

The Dems are responsible for this resultant behavior, with the conception, funding, propagation, and support of the Steele Dossier. They used legitimate U.S. government agencies (FBI,DOJ,DHS etc.) to concoct a narrative whose sole aim was to take down the democratically elected POTUS. They shat the bed, but now don't want to sleep in the same room. A pox on all their houses.
Unsubstantiated claims, just like parts of the Steele Dossier.

1) That can apply to either end of the political spectrum, for sure.

2) So the alternative is to let the worst 2% just carry on and not be dealt with?

#NoEasyAnswers

If you are responsible for initiating and propagating falsehoods, no matter how much of a percentage of shyte that results, you "own" it.
Which is why the Democrats are preparing impeachment proceedings against the sitting president.

Back