• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

commander-cb

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi
I am 52.
I was told I can't get in as pilot because I can't fit in all in before mandatory retirement at 60 or 65 . Or whatever it is.
I change to infantry and I'm told I can't fit it in before retirement at 55.

So.
I hear people can join at 52.

But what.
I'm told over and over again Im Too old.

Any ideas.

Specifically.
Which officer trades , that are OPEN. I should apply?
Which ncm trades. Jobs are OPEN. I can apply ?

commander-cb,

Compulsory Retirement Age (CRA) for the Regular Force (RegF) and Primary Reserves (PRes) is 60 years old, prior to 2004 it was 55. In order to be eligible to enrol in the RegF, you must be able to complete a first contract, referred to as a Variable Initial Engagement (VIE), the length of which changes depending on the trade and entry plan.

Being 52 years old, you would have a maximum of 7 years to serve if you were enrolled before your 53rd birthday. This means that you are ineligible for any trade where the VIE is greater than 7 years. The VIE for Pilot (DEO) and Infantry Officer (DEO) are both 9 years. The following DEO Officer trades have VIEs under 8 years: Aerospace Control Officer (6 years), Aerospace Engineering Officer (6 years), Physio Officer (6 years), Dental Officer (6 years), Pharmacy Officer (4 years), Nursing Officer (6 years), Medical Officer (5 years), Social Work Officer (6 years), Legal Officer (7 years), Personnel Selection Officer (6 years), Music Officer (6 years), Training Development Officer (6 years), Intelligence Officer (6 years), Logistics Officer (6 years), Chaplain (6 years).

For NCM trades, most have a VIE under 8 years. However, the following NCM trades have VIEs of 8 years or more (not including NCM-STEP entry plan): Fire Fighter (9 years), RM Tech (9 years), ED Tech (9 years), EGS Tech (9 years), PH Tech (9 years), WFE Tech (9 years), Construction Tech (9 years), DS Tech (9 years).

Which trades you are eligible for depends on your education, CFAT scores (minimum and competitive cut-offs), and medical results.

Best of luck.

Hiya. I cancelled my rewrite of the cfat.
I see nothing there I am interested in.
Thanks for trying anyway.

Applied in 2007
Gave up trying 2019

Back