• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

500 players? How about 5 Merit Points!

Sorry, NS, it's on my list to look at but I haven't had a chance to tackle it yet...

937 Total Players

Get ready to cough up them points, Mike. 8)

As long as I don't need to turn my head while I do it. ;)

963.  Still 37 to get.  Do we have until end of day on the 11th Mike?  Or will you be nice and round up?  Come on, tell us!  I can't stand the suspense!!  :-\

Let's see where things stand by the end of tomorrow... Pacific Time. :)

22 people needed and we have just under 9 hours left.  I think we're going to make it!

Mike,

We have an issue for new players.

If someone joins, and doesn't have an ARMY.CA account to link to, they only get 50 MP's. 

This is not enough MP's for them to even run the first day's missions.  (The equipment costs more MP's than they have!)

So, they join the game, thinking it'll be interesting, and can't even do anything with it until the 2nd day!!!

I think you need to increase the number of MP's that new users get for joining, that way they can play right away, instead of having to wait until at least their 2nd day.

I suggest an initial signing bonus of 100, and recommend that you go back through the list of the people from about 552 out (those who've joined, but never played) and give them an MP bonus so that they can at least get started.

I want to share the addiction....

NS

BTW,

For those who want to hit 1000 tonight....how 'bout inviting some of your F-book friends to try it out?

I just invited 38 folks.....(some will probably un-friend me now....oops!)

You can do that from the Application page, not in the game.

I note that I was the 10th person on F-book to "like" the game....

NS

NavyShooter said:
Mike,

We have an issue for new players.

If someone joins, and doesn't have an ARMY.CA account to link to, they only get 50 MP's. 

This is not enough MP's for them to even run the first day's missions.  (The equipment costs more MP's than they have!)

So, they join the game, thinking it'll be interesting, and can't even do anything with it until the 2nd day!!!

I think you need to increase the number of MP's that new users get for joining, that way they can play right away, instead of having to wait until at least their 2nd day.

I suggest an initial signing bonus of 100, and recommend that you go back through the list of the people from about 552 out (those who've joined, but never played) and give them an MP bonus so that they can at least get started.

I want to share the addiction....

NS

If I recall correctly, I started the game with 1000 MP.. did that change?

Just sent out a bunch of invites... and texted a few people  :p

Only 16 more players!

Exarch said:
If I recall correctly, I started the game with 1000 MP.. did that change?

You started with 500 for linking your FB and army.ca accounts
2010-09-08 17:48:20 Exarch 500 Afghan Operations: Linked to Facebook account

NS, sounds ok as an idea, but I'm thinking that the plan is to draw people to army.ca.  They can create an account here and start earning more MPs.  Although it might be a good idea to get them interested in the game a bit first before they get frustrated, give up and never appear on the site.  Maybe at least enough MPs to get through a mission or 2.

Mich,

That's what I was trying to get across.

Get 'em hooked there, and maybe they'll come here.

NS

We were SO close to 1000.  I would have really liked those 10 merit points.  I am sitting at 190 right now.  Oh well, guess my plan to take over the world will have to wait for another day.  ;D

We were about 8 or so away at one point, and then it seems a few deleted the app.

NS, good idea... I originally had a signing bonus set up, but took it out in part because it was possible to get it multiple times. I've figured out a way to issue a signing bonus just once now, so it's in place. :)

Back