• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

444 Sqn – Tell us if you have served or are serving in that Sqn

Rigger7710(F)

Inactive
Reaction score
My second posting was to 444 (Tac Hel) Sqn Lahr on 30 Aug 85. The Sqn was gone on FALLEX when I arrived and so was my sponsor. However, I was greeted at the AMU by a comrade from recruit training who acted as my sponsor since he was in the rear party. When the Sqn returned from FALLEX, I worked in OC Maint, ASO and AMSE/Tool Control. The Kiowa helicopters were in the new and the old cam paint scheme. I flew on the last flight of the last Kiowa that was in the old paint scheme before it left for the contractor. 3 years went like a flash. I went on FALLEX 86 and 87, SNAKEBITE 86, 87 and 88, and a few more small exercises. I was there for the Sqn’s 40th Anniversary. During may stay, we received our new DEU uniforms, the C7 rifle and the new MLVW vehicles. This was a very satisfying posting in my career as I had wished for it for a long time. But it was also a great disappointment as I was among several members in Germany that were repat early, 1 year on my case, due to MOC 500 career managers’ inadequate planning. I left for Canada in 1988 with the sad feeling that I had just arrived in Germany.

Back