• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3B Med Release and TOS

You could try your local  IPSC/JPSU for assistance in getting contact info.

You could also try the Royal Canadian Legion, as there is often assistance offered through them.

SJLPHI said:
Hello, without going to too much detail I will describe my situation.
I have joined the P.Reserves back in 2008, I have been attached as Class B reservist here and there, I was injured in summer 2010, and it ended up putting a halt to my military career entirely. My plan at the time was to CP into Intel ops, through ROTP. As my physical health declined, and had 4 surgeries done, I ended up deciding to abandon ship near the end of 2012.
I have been in contact with Vet Affairs, and I was given disability lump sum from them. I was also released from P.Reserves status to S.Reserves near the end of 2015. I was then released from S.Reserves as of late summer 2016. I was contacted by the office that I was released. The following is the exact quote:
I had this coming, I re-invested into another career. I am now a graduate student. Right now, I could use some external funding for my education. I am hearing something about a pension, after 3B release, but I found it ambiguous on what exactly is supposed to happen, from the point on from 3B release.
I would appreciate a good pointer.
-SJL

Here's some light reading for you.    http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/act/pa-am-eng.html

SJLPHI said:
Any idea how to contact the VAC?

One of their Ottawa offices is near my place of work, but they don't take phone calls nor leave an e-mail address. I did contact SISIP, they apparently do not have me on record.

To contact VAC you will have to go through the generic number. Explain your situation to the call analyst. 1-866-522-2122

Hello,

I've recently received very thick forms regarding pensions and etc.

I'm a little bit clueless how to fill out the forms. I am also a little bit thrown off by "Pensionable years, Pensionable Income, Service years".

I've been looking at this:
http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/remuneration-compensation/services-pension-services/pension/info/retr/trssamda-pnsnalty-eng.html#aa1

but I'm a little bit thrown off, what the process will be like. I am located in Ottawa, and I am trying to make time to visit local VAC to ask them. Are there any more information online that I can read?

My Pension Benefit Options Statements states that I can have either Deferred Annuity or Transfer Value.

Should there be other options available?

Also, the Transfer Value is actually higher than the total amount of eligible pension for monthly annuity payments? Should that be right?

Back