• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

30th unit

militarygirlfriend

Inactive
Reaction score
im just wondering if there is a 30 Field Artillery Regiment in ottawa, i guy im talking to said that he was in artillery in ottawa when i thought that artillery was only available in petawawa and gagetown??

Yeah, there is Field Arty in Ottawa...

You can check it out for yourself here: http://www.30fieldartillery.com/Main.HTML

And so it is fitting that this new age of communications and this web site, should now take its place amongst the others, which in due course will come to influence the shape of things to come. This web site is dedicated to the members, serving, past and future of the 30th Field Regiment in Ottawa Canada, being only one of the many Canadian units that make up the great family of the Royal Canadian Artillery. This one Unit, changed in name and in establishment many times, has always belonged to Ottawa Canada. Within its ranks for almost 150 years, these men and women have served “The Guns” both faithfully and with honour and distinction. The Spirit that motivated the Officers and Other Ranks has never changed. Good citizens and good soldiers are the essential requirements of Militia Service to Canada.

Good Luck,

Kara

I'm in it too as are a few other members on this forum.

As a matter of fact, there has been an Arty Unit in Ottawa for over 151 years. Whats the guys name?

30th Field RCA (particularly 2nd Battery) traces it's roots to 1855 when it was formed as the "2nd Volunteer Militia Field Battery of Ottawa"

I am also a proud member  ;D

cheers
John

For those of you still serving in the 30th, do you know of a Capt Doug Ainsley? He was our TC in B Bty, way back, and we fondly referred to him as Herb.

Yep, he was still there when I left.  Nice guy, and yes Herbie is a fairly apt monikor in retrospect.

Ubique

Regan

For us the name came from the old Burger King ads,    .....not the Herb you're looking for.....

Hi all,

Is this the unit that is referred to as "The Bytown Gunners", and provide the salutes on Parliament Hill for Ceremonial occassions?

Thanks,  Drummy

Drummy said:
Hi all,

Is this the unit that is referred to as "The Bytown Gunners", and provide the salutes on Parliament Hill for Ceremonial occassions?

Thanks,   Drummy

The very same. I am in the midst of writing a WW2 biography of the Bytown Gunners (2nd Field BTY, 51st Anti-Tank BTY, 1st Light Anti-Aircraft BTY, and 25th Light Anti-Aircraft BTY). Stay tuned... I will be posting it in the near future

cheers
John

RCA_UBIQUE said:
The very same. I am in the midst of writing a WW2 biography of the Bytown Gunners (2nd Field BTY, 51st Anti-Tank BTY, 1st Light Anti-Aircraft BTY, and 25th Light Anti-Aircraft BTY). Stay tuned... I will be posting it in the near future

cheers
John

Thanks John. I thought it was, but at the same time wasn't really positive.

Drummy

Back