• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3 years for sex assaults of girl cadets

Status
Not open for further replies.
x-grunt said:
Having read this I want to applaud the cadet instructor who, knowing the offender may prey on one of her charges, apparently sacrificed her own well-being to prevent this. Maybe she could have fought him off, and maybe not - but the initial article seems to indicate she protected her cadets by allowing herself to be assaulted. That's a courageous act, she had no way of knowing what the offender was capable of. I don't know what kind of recognition could be given for her selflessness, but she earned it.

There's also something to be said for the cadet who kicked him off and the wherewithall to call 911.

On a related note, anyone can nominate a person for a Bravery Award:  http://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=70

Tommy said:
...Though I'm not sure if she would want recognition which would remind her of the incident... She is certainly deserving of it for showing the Courage to do that.

That's what I hope for in this situation.

I'm sure that this Lady, (even doing what she did), probably doesn't really want a medal 3 or 4 four years after the fact.

God Bless Her, and I applaud her for what she's done, but maybe she doesn't want to talk about it/relive it/have to tell people/the press about it ad neaseum.

Anybody who pressures her to relive her nightmare can go to Hell, as far as I'm concerned.

(Would you want your Sister/Aunt/Mom/Wife/Daughter to have to talk publically about something like that?)

Just sayin'

Hammer Sandwich said:
That's what I hope for in this situation.

I'm sure that this Lady, (even doing what she did), probably doesn't really want a medal 3 or 4 four years after the fact.

God Bless Her, and I applaud her for what she's done, but maybe she doesn't want to talk about it/relive it/have to tell people/the press about it ad neaseum.

Anybody who pressures her to relive her nightmare can go to Hell, as far as I'm concerned.

(Would you want your Sister/Aunt/Mom/Wife/Daughter to have to talk publically about something like that?)

Just sayin'

I'm sure there could be someone who might be able Try to argue that it may help with the grief process... 

That being said, I'm not in that Camp....  Let her deal with the demons in a private manner.

Noble intentions aside.

Let's just stop all the guessing and conjecture and leave it to the proper authorities, who I'm quite sure have not just sent her home after camp and forgotten about her.

Who knows. Maybe she might even be a member here. If so, I'm sure she doesn't need to read a new response every time she visits.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back