• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3 SCOTS Homecoming Parade

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Homecoming parade for the Black Watch (3rd Bn Royal Regt of Scotland), who recently returned from Iraq. 

A bit of :stirpot: but the entire parade is in operational dress.

https://www.facebook.com/armyinscotland/videos/1908150189251435/UzpfSTU5MzQ4NjcyMDcyMjI1MzoyMTE1MjQ1MDIxODc5NzQx/?sk=h_chr

Parades in operational dress after returning home from a warzone aren't unheard of. Best example I can think off the top of my head is the parade that Von Lettow Vorbeck (the Lion of Africa who led the Germans in Africa during WWI) had once he returned to Germany in 1919. Apparently they were marching down the streets of Berlin in their tattered tropical uniforms. I personally think it helps put in perspective what the military is actually doing to the public as opposed to some carefully choreographed parade in the wardress of yesteryear.

I, for one, agree entirely with you: enough with pretty uniforms and that includes the CF. Those Scots looked liked soldiers. :2c:

Sandyson said:
I, for one, agree entirely with you: enough with pretty uniforms and that includes the CF. Those Scots looked liked soldiers. :2c:

But how will poor Logistik Unicorp feed their family, if we stop doing parades in 1A :p ?

rmc_wannabe said:
But how will poor Logistik Unicorp feed their family, if we stop doing parades in 1A :p ?

Well, they do still have Canada Post...until they all strike.

Which is why better uniforms for posties should be a main bargaining point. OTOH, the post office would actually manage to outfit their people with proper uniforms in a timely fashion without making it a lifelong career endeavour for hundreds of management employees.

On topic: obviously that was not all of 3 Scots in the parade, but I did read they are significantly understrength with no real prospect of filling vacant slots. I wonder if there will be another refinement of the RRS resulting in a 2 battalion regiment.

The status of Scotland remaining in the UK must make it hard to recruit.

Back