• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3-08 CIMIC

BKells

Inactive
Reaction score
So the gears are in motion and the call-out has been issued, and everyone in LFCA is talking about 3-08. I've put up a memo requesting nomination for this tour.

While I'd be satisfied with whatever role they give me, be it D+S... reg force augmentee, or whathaveyou, I'm quite interested in pursuing a CIMIC tasking. By the time of pre-deployment training I'll be three years into a degree in International Development and Globalizatoin (University of Ottawa) and I think I have some of the necessary civilian skills which would prove useful for CIMIC.

Does anyone have any information at all to help me pursue this? We don't hear anything at the Coy level about CIMIC.

Go through your Ops O or your Training cell for more information.

The information is out there, you just have to go through the proper channels.

Regards

is CIMIC only for officers or can NCMs do this? what if said NCM has a university degree?

housenuts said:
is CIMIC only for officers or can NCMs do this? what if said NCM has a university degree?

No, it's not. Yes NCOs can and do it on a regular basis.

CIMIC does not require a university degree either, mind you it doesn't hurt.      ;)

Regards

I'll repeat what has already been said:  go through your chain of command.

And I'll add this:  CIMIC does a lot of work as the interface between the military and civilian communities (with a name like Civil Military Cooperation, go figure).  Thus, military experience is a requirement as well; Sgts and WOs are doing CIMIC work; very junior personnel would not be employed in such roles (though they may get supporting roles such as drivers).

But again, go through your chain of command, expressing your interest.

To be employed as a CIMIC operator you must be a Sgt or above for NCM's and a Lt for Officers. LFCA CIMIC does frequent selection weekends, if you wish to apply staff a memo up your CoC.

There will also be posn for CIMIC drivers, you apply for these the same as any other TF 3-08 posn.

LFCA is also standing up a PSYOPS det, look for a call for applications for these posn as well. Should be very similar to this: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf108/psyops_lfwa.pdf

This seems as good place as any to ask... Is it possible for somebody from another brigade group being able to go on the 3-08 Task Force (I'm from 41st Brigade Group).
The reason I'm asking is that I have my BIQ in July (That is why I can't get on the 1-08 Group).

That depends if LFCA is able to fill all the positions. Your best bet is to let your unit Ops staff know (through the chain of command) that you want to go on 3-08. If positions are sourced to other areas then you'd have a shot. 

If not you'll have a shot with 3-09 (3PPCLI)

BootStrap said:
This seems as good place as any to ask... Is it possible for somebody from another brigade group being able to go on the 3-08 Task Force (I'm from 41st Brigade Group).
The reason I'm asking is that I have my BIQ in July (That is why I can't get on the 1-08 Group).
FWIW, if you are only going to get your basic trade qualification in July of 07, you are prolly not in a position to offer much to the TF that will be ramping up in Sept of 07.  The additional year will get you some experience prior to a TF from your area deploying.

BootStrap said:

Get your BIQ in july, try to get loaded on a DP2A after wards. Put your name in for it right away, and mention that you're doing BIQ.

LFCA is to provide 500 pers- a target that I would be surprised to see reached. Keep in mind there will be a lot of competition for remaining slots, but it's amazing what you can accomplish in the forces simply by trying your hardest and hoping for a lucky break.

At the same time, don't bank on it- plan your normal civvie career as if you're not going overseas, but be ready for things to change.

I'll have finished my DP1 infantry course by the end of august/07. I'm a reservist, but guys from my regiment, among other regiments from my armory are going, I think they're looking to fill about 40 spots. Think I have a shot? Or is it too early?

ps... what's DP2A?

thanks.

DP2A..... specialty within your trade

Back