• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2ppcli 73-76

Yup, I was there from 74 to 88. During the period you speak of, I was in C Coy then, and still living in the barracks, right next the JRC.

i was in charlie company too..robataille,alexander,smith(ducky)  just a few of the names i remember..the grant hotel  ,all good times i went to egypt in 73 come back in 74  was company radio op for awhile i remember wo spencer  c coy went on a canoe trip around lake winnipeg took a month  what a hoot  lots of things  striker your real name?

I know all those names, Ducky ended up as an Int Op some years ago, and we were pretty good friends. I think Alexander was working in Coy stores then wasn't he? Anyway, I have the same first name a Ducky, and my last name is Moore. Good to see some old names I haven't thought about for years.....  ;D Oh yea, Alaxander wasn't in stores, I'm thinking of Johnson.... What was his first name??? Didn't we use to call him, Johnson the Pig, or something like that. He was a Real good guy!!

WO Spencer, yikes, that guy use to scare the crap out of us young pups. We had just finished our PL3 training in Jul 74 so we missed that canoe trip, but I remember you guys talking about it. We were the training Plt that joined the Bn that year in Wainwright, because the Bn was so low in man power, then had to go back on crse when it was over. I remember our Sect Comd getting sick in the field, and I ended up in comand of the "section". I think there was 4 of us, including the drv. 

Hey Kelly, I remember you, I just saw your email address. And I just remembered Johnson's first name, Lyle. Did you go to Cyprus with us in 76?

no i got out in 76  wished i had stayed in i would be retired now  haha.  i did go to egypt 73-74  .i went to cyprus on leave from egypt with ducky and i think it was hans.too ..that was a hoot wow i am talking like it was yesterday..sometimes it seems like it.isee there is a ppcli reunion in calgary this year  not sure about that ..probably wouldn;'t know many...gary alexander  and miles rattray  ithink they went airborne after i got out..any hoot  gotta  go ttyl  kelly  ps did you know gary wooding

Hi Kelly, no I didn't go to Egypt, I was still in training then. I remember the name Gary Wooding, and I certainly remember Mile Rattray... he use to scare the crap out of us young punks when we first showed up. He lived in the room next to me for a while, and I remember him going a a bit of a binge once (did I say once!!) and some us when into his room the next day and we notice he'd had a pee'd in his cbt boot during the night.....

Do you remember WO Moore, the was one of the last Korean Vets left in the unit?

yes i remember wo moore  wasn't sure of his name but i remember the guy who was the last korean vet  i was in vimy barracks as well next to the jrc  second floor..that place is really weiird now with it all closed down..nothing there but nothing touched either..when i was out ther in dec for a funeral i drove by and everything looks the same but just abandoned  i heard the natives are fighting over the property ..but even the pmq's there are all empty..when i went to cyprus i was there 1 week before the turks invaded our guys there nailed a few of them at the airport......i like cyprus but then again i was only there for over a week ..suzie street  haha 

Back