• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

24 Nov 05: Pte Woodfield Killed, 4 Injured in Afghanistan

MikeM

Inactive
Reaction score
Was just watching some debating in the House of Commons on CBC when they cut to breaking news indicating 1 soldier has been killed and 4 other soldiers injured in what is being reported as a vehicle accident.

Couldn't find any articles online yet... more to follow.

My condolences to the families involved  :salute:

Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan
Last Updated Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:44:34 EST
CBC News

One Canadian soldiers was killed and four others were injured when their vehicle rolled over in Afghanistan, the Department of Defence said on Thursday.

None of the soldiers has been identified.

The incident reportedly involved a LAV-3 armoured vehicle near Kandahar.

More information is expected at a news conference to be held at 3 p.m. ET.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/11/24/afghan-death051124.html

Was just watching the breaking news too.

RIP troop. Hope the other ones are only lightly injured.

Edit: It was a coyote that rolled over. The 4 other troop have not sustained life threatning injury.

Re-edit: 2bn of RCR. No names. I hate it when they do that. Next of kin have been notified though.

Pte Woodfield, 24, from Victoria BC.

woodfield_private051124.jpg

My condolences to all that knew him.

My heartfelt condolances to the family and comrades of this fallen soldier...
Prayers for the injured..
And to our comrade...God Speed!

All involved in the accident are from 2RCR here in Gagetown.

My truely heartfelt condolences to the friends and families of all injured and the one soul who lost his life.

The unit and entire base stand in support.

Here is the latest from CBC:
Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan
Last Updated Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:52:21 EST
CBC News
One Canadian soldier was killed and four others were injured when their vehicle rolled over in Afghanistan, the Department of Defence said on Thursday.

INDEPTH: Afghanistan

The deceased soldier has been identified as Brian Scott Woodfield, 24, from Victoria, British Columbia.

The injured soldiers are:

Sgt. Tony Nelson MacIvor, 31- Fredericton, N.B.
Cpl. James Edward MacDonald, 32 - Pembroke, Ont.,
Cpl. Shane Dean Jones,31 - White Rock, B.C.
Pte. Paul Shaver - London, Ont.
None received life-threatening injuries, but three are seriously injured. All were flown by U.S. military helicopter to a military hospital.

All the soldiers were from the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment, based out of Gagetown, New Brunswick.

The light armoured vehicle, called a LAV-III, rolled over at 6 p.m. local time, about 45 kilometres northeast of the southern city of Kandahar, near the village of Laghman.

Military officials say there is no indication of any explosions and call it a single-vehicle road accident

Holy Sh!t, that really hits home. Cpl. Shane Dean Jones,31, of  White Rock, B.C. is from my home town. Its a small community of 18 000. They've never had anything happen like this. My thoughts and prayers to those soldiers and their families. I think I'll make a special trip to the national war monument tonight for a few thoughts.

The troops from 2 RCR were due home in the next 2 weeks.  RIP.

Truly a tradgety RIP troop. Even people, such as myself, who never knew thee, remember your ultimate sacrifice.

RIP Brian Scott Woodfield.  :salute:  :cdn: You gave every thing you could to this country. To the Woodfield family, my condolences to you all.

Back