• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

21 Nov 14: Craftsman Kyle Sinclair, R.I.P.

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Sad news this morning.
Canadian soldier dies at CFB Petawawa
Michelle Zilio, CTVNews.ca
22 Nov 2014

A Canadian Forces soldier based in Petawawa, Ont., has died, CTV News has learned.

Craftsman Kyle Sinclair died in the Royal Canadian Dragoon lines at CFB Petawawa Friday night shortly before midnight, Lt. Jean François Carpentier told CTV Ottawa.

The incident happened in one of the base’s tank hangars. Sinclair was doing maintenance work on a vehicle – a normal, routine task – when the incident happened. Other soldiers on site performed first aid before Sinclair was taken to Pembroke Regional Hospital. He was later medically evacuated to the Ottawa Hospital’s Civic campus. He died late Friday night.

Military police were the first to arrive on the scene. The Canadian Forces National Investigation Service is investigating the scene of Sinclair’s death.

Sinclair, 27, joined the Canadian Forces in December 2012 and had been based at CFB Petawawa since the spring of 2013. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and was doing job training with 2 Service Battalion. His rank of craftsman is equivalent to a private.

Carpentier said the base is saddedned by Sinclair's death. 

"In any case, the loss of a Canadian solider is really devastating on the military community. Espeically on the base, where we feel close-knit with the local community," said Carpentier. "Our condolences ... go out to the family and friends of Craftsman Sinclair."

The Department of National Defence is expected to issue a press release on Sinclair’s death later today.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-soldier-dies-at-cfb-petawawa-1.2114534

RIP Craftsman.

This was a training environment.
We will hear more on this.

My condolences to family, friends and comrades.    :salute:

My condolences to family, colleagues and friends  :salute:

Sad to hear that. My condolences to his loved ones.

My condolences to Craftsman Sinclair's family and the Regiment.

It has been a rough 12 months in Pet. RIP.  :salute:

Arte et Marte.

Rest in Peace Craftsman Sinclair.  :salute:

Thoughts go out to the family as well.

RIP Craftsman Sinclair.  :salute:

Back