• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2023 UCP Alberta election

Looks like not only will this be the closest in Alberta history it looks like it will have a very high turn out as well.

As of 10:15 eastern time

UCP has has 67 percent of the votes in.

48 votes of 69 cast! Lol

Can you provide some proof that Rachel Notley and the Alberta NDP denied the existence of Residential Schools?
I don't think she would deny the existence of Residential Schools. (If she said something along those lines, I totally missed it.)

I think she'd go the opposite direction, as she tends to move to the beat of Trudeau's drum on most issues.

I think she'd focus on that, say all the right things, get the media focused on it, etc - when it's convenient or when she needs a distraction. Then when the distraction is over, she'll go surfing on the special day to commemorate the whole dark chapter, because that's how much it a s**t she actually gives...

(Anybody remember seeing or hearing about that Residential School in Kamloops with all the buried human remains even once after the election?? Didn't think so...)

Still waiting for that proof of genocide in those graves, nevermind the anomalies being human remains…
Hey look! We found another one!
I figured I'd quote you both on this one, just for context...

I'm with Quirky on his post, because as much as we may not like to address the incredibly silent elephant in that room - I think we are all waiting for those test results along with him.

It's NOT a matter of denying that Residential Schools existed, nor is it denying that truly awful things happened in them.

All around, I think we can agree on that Residential Schools have to be among the darkest chapters of Canadian history - and I think the term cultural genocide can certainly be applied in plenty of cases in regards to them.

BUUUTTTT... A few things...

- As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't recall seeing a single article or hearing about this issue in the media even once after the election was over. Not once.

- As has been pointed out by a few folks (most of whom made the news in some form) the number of human remains found outside the former Residential School in Kamloops exceeded the number of people who ever attended that school.

(There needs to be testing done just to confirm the number of bodies there actually are, and if at all possible, what they died from. My understanding is there were animal remains also at the site. It wasn't uncommon for people to die of things that today we think of as extremely treatable.)

- At one point, the people involved were going to go all across Canada with their ground penetrating radar, going from site to site to discover whatever human remains were 'boujd to be at most of the sites.'

But again...I have to fall back to my point of raising an eyebrow & ask... "Why didn't this happen?"

Why didn't this happen? The government seemed incredibly supportive of the idea. Trudeau even created a new national day, Truth & Reconciliation Day.

Why didn't we hear about ANY of it in the news? I'd assume that if that group had gone to even one more Residential School location & found anything similar, it would be HUGE news. But once the election was done, not a peep...

So I am with Quirky on this one - there are some pretty important questions that need to be answered.

Not for any other sake or an agenda - just the honest questions or "wtf actually happened here? How many human remains were ACTUALLY discovered? How many of them died from abuse vs infections or illnesses?

I'm also 'kinda' with you Lumber - I agree it's important that people understand what an awful thing the whole Residential Schools thing really was.

(I just don't think Quirky is a denier at all, I think he's just wanting the answers we all thought were coming but never came...)

I could be totally wrong about all of the above. If more media came out about it, or more sites did actually get surveyed, I somehow totally missed it & I apologize for my ignorance on the matter!

Ooof. Not even close.

If you look at the map its the most blatant display of urban/rural divide I've seen.

The other thing to look at is the UPC lost 11 seats and saw a drop of 2.32% in votes.

DS needs to do some work to shore up support for her and her party. Its a good victory, but its not trending well.

Last edited:
If you look at the map its the most blatant display of urban/rural divide I've seen.

The other thing to look at is the UPC lost 11 seats and saw a drop of 2.32% in votes.

DS needs to do some work to shore up support for her and her party. Its a good victory, but its not trending well.
many very close losses.

But you are correct. This is world we live in now. Urban/Rural...I saw it this morning. Cities give me stuff/Countryside get off my neck. That's about the quickest some up everywhere in North America and some Europe.

Smith was and remains a controversial character due to her public statements on all manner of issues. The wide ranging negative media on this is what accounts for the drop in seats/support. Now that she has a clear majority mandate and can get to work, we'll see what she can do and if that support rebounds or not.

I'm just glad she is going to get the chance. Another Notley government would have wrecked the place.

I figured I'd quote you both on this one, just for context...

I'm with Quirky on his post, because as much as we may not like to address the incredibly silent elephant in that room - I think we are all waiting for those test results along with him.

It's NOT a matter of denying that Residential Schools existed, nor is it denying that truly awful things happened in them.

All around, I think we can agree on that Residential Schools have to be among the darkest chapters of Canadian history - and I think the term cultural genocide can certainly be applied in plenty of cases in regards to them.

BUUUTTTT... A few things...

- As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't recall seeing a single article or hearing about this issue in the media even once after the election was over. Not once.

- As has been pointed out by a few folks (most of whom made the news in some form) the number of human remains found outside the former Residential School in Kamloops exceeded the number of people who ever attended that school.

(There needs to be testing done just to confirm the number of bodies there actually are, and if at all possible, what they died from. My understanding is there were animal remains also at the site. It wasn't uncommon for people to die of things that today we think of as extremely treatable.)

- At one point, the people involved were going to go all across Canada with their ground penetrating radar, going from site to site to discover whatever human remains were 'boujd to be at most of the sites.'

But again...I have to fall back to my point of raising an eyebrow & ask... "Why didn't this happen?"

Why didn't this happen? The government seemed incredibly supportive of the idea. Trudeau even created a new national day, Truth & Reconciliation Day.

Why didn't we hear about ANY of it in the news? I'd assume that if that group had gone to even one more Residential School location & found anything similar, it would be HUGE news. But once the election was done, not a peep...

So I am with Quirky on this one - there are some pretty important questions that need to be answered.

Not for any other sake or an agenda - just the honest questions or "wtf actually happened here? How many human remains were ACTUALLY discovered? How many of them died from abuse vs infections or illnesses?

I'm also 'kinda' with you Lumber - I agree it's important that people understand what an awful thing the whole Residential Schools thing really was.

(I just don't think Quirky is a denier at all, I think he's just wanting the answers we all thought were coming but never came...)

I could be totally wrong about all of the above. If more media came out about it, or more sites did actually get surveyed, I somehow totally missed it & I apologize for my ignorance on the matter!
Funny the FN always say "We don't want to disturb them" What they really mean is that definitive data will reduce the impact of our claim and limit our bargaining position. There are some FN people that would like to know what became of their ancestors, but the leadership knows that keeping things murky is far more effective.

Back