• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

I'd be concerned he would shed votes from the West, the question is would his gains in the East make up for that?

CPC could safely shed many votes out west without impacting their seat count, especially if those votes are shed from the right edge where there is no viable contender to pick them up.

I'd be ok with a Charest CPC in government, with a PPC to the CPC like the NDP is to the LPC.

Difference being the NDP don’t need to go to IKEA in order to pick up seats.

CPC could safely shed many votes out west without impacting their seat count, especially if those votes are shed from the right edge where there is no viable contender to pick them up.

Difference being the NDP don’t need to go to IKEA in order to pick up seats.

Don't underestimate the power of a cool, Franco smooth talker to convince urban Westerners to support the cause.

Like, you know, Trudeau ;)

1646924428210.png

PP would kill the PPC.

Wouldn't win an election, but would kill the PPC.

% of popular vote doesn't matter though, it's the # of seats. Charest might have slightly less %, but if it's in the right ridings, may make a minority Government.

PP likely has higher support in existing CPC ridings, but really doesn't mean anything if they are just the opposition again.

% of popular vote doesn't matter though, it's the # of seats. Charest might have slightly less %, but if it's in the right ridings, may make a minority Government.

PP likely has higher support in existing CPC ridings, but really doesn't mean anything if they are just the opposition again.
I don't think the CPC is going to pick PP based on electability.

It would be based on his ability to bash Trudeau.

38% nationally is roughly the floor for a majority for conservatives. Need a leader who can at least hit that.

Keep in mind that this is all with the expectation that JT is running. I don’t think he is. For a variety of reasons.

So it would also depend on who would be leading the LPC.

Keep in mind that this is all with the expectation that JT is running. I don’t think he is. For a variety of reasons.

Interesting, I guess I just assumed he would run again. What make you think he won't?

The man says he will, there is no sign of a palace coup, and the CPC have not shown they can win.

If Trudeau wins the next election he ties for most election wins for a prime minister. There also isnt a great time for a leadership contest in a minority government.

He is going to run again.

Interesting, I guess I just assumed he would run again. What make you think he won't?
I think the last election made him a bit dejected. Two minorities in a row. He’s taken a lot of flak on a plenty of files and there are a few small cracks in the party that suggests his standing is weakened.

His little surfing trip was no accident. It was an FU to the country that didn’t give him a majority. And he seems to hide or disappear a lot with uncomfortable situations.

I suspect that he plans on leaving on a high note and not a loss. It wouldn’t shock me to see him make an announcement at some point between now and Xmas. Set up a leadership campaign and have someone ready to go for the next election.

He may also be waiting to see who he might face before making that decision though.

I think the LPC is and has been grooming Chrystia Freeland to take over.

The man says he will, there is no sign of a palace coup, and the CPC have not shownnthey can win.

If Trudeau wins the next election he ties for most election wins for a prime minister. There also isnt a great time for a leadership contest in a minority government.

He is going to run again.
I don’t think it’s a coup. I think its him not want to be a loser. Go out a winner. It’s pure self interest.

I don’t think it’s a coup. I think its him not want to be a loser. Go out a winner. It’s pure self interest.
Just so you know, and you can block me now if you want, but I have a habit of reminding people of their awful hot takes months if not years later.

Just so you know, and you can block me now if you want, but I have a habit of reminding people of their awful hot takes months if not years later.
I could care less about your I told you so crap. You get it wrong a lot and never admit when you are wrong or change your original line of thought to make you feel like you were right when you weren’t. So “shrug”.

I’m giving you my opinion on whether I think he’ll run or not. I don’t think he will. If he does, no big deal. You can have a party for being right. I won’t care and move on to whether he can win or not depending on who the CPC leader is.

Oh, I have a no block policy. It’s childish.

I think JT will run, and he will win another minority and that will be his last election.

I think he's just about the worst person to be and most divisive PM we've ever had. But I'm sure hes tired and would rather not put up with the BS anymore.

To sum up, 1 more and hes done.

Probably the worst PM in Canadian history.

Sometimes a dog has a day. I suppose it sucked when the great intellects of the LPC of the day (Dion, Ignatieff) fell to Harper.

Back