• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 Jul 10: Sapper Brian Collier, 1 CER, R.I.P.

Rest in peace Sapper Collier..my condolences to your family, friends, and your Regiment.  :cdn: :yellow:

Our sincere condolences to the family and friends
May you rest in peace Sapper Collier  :cdn:

Minister of National Defence Peter MacKay attended the ramp ceremony during a just-announced three-day visit to AFG:
.... Unfortunately, Minister MacKay also had the solemn duty to attend the ramp ceremony of Sapper Brian Collier, who was killed by the explosion of an improvised explosive device July 20.“The almost 3,000 CF members working here are working with representatives of DFAIT, CIDA and the RCMP, as well as the international community, to make Afghanistan a better place,” added MacKay. “Our men and women in uniform are good at what they do and they believe in what they’re doing. I’m incredibly proud of what the Canadian Forces are accomplishing here, working side-by-side with Afghans in numerous capacities.”This was Minister MacKay’s 11th visit to Afghanistan ....

I was camping out at the Sandbanks Provincial Park in Ontario when I heard the news.  Thanks to some friends I contacted via Blackberry, I was able to find out that the Sapper's repatriation was today at 1400. 
I was at the west end of the runway at 1355 when his plane touched down.  Just over an hour later, my two daughters and I were there to pay tribute. 
I had always wanted to attend a repatriation, but I also always hoped that I would never have the chance.  Words cannot describe the mood, the sounds, the sights of the family passing so slowly, windows down, waving to us as we stood there silently.

RIP Sapper :salute:

Spr, no one but you, your section and your Tp will really know what you have gone through in your AO till we meet on the other side. We grieve for you, your family and buddies still on the ground. CHIMO. RIP - WE WILL REMEMBER YOU.

Condolences to his family, friends, and comrades.. R.I.P sapper.

It's a sad day in Bradford, both my cousins knew him well.

My condolences to his family and friends.

“Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice.”
Just another one off the countries finest called upon to give their all for a war-torn people.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless
:yellow:

...according to the Canadian Press, via CTV.ca:
Funeral services will be held today in Bradford, Ont., for a Canadian soldier killed last week in a makeshift bomb attack in Afghanistan.

Sapper Brian Collier, who was born in Toronto and raised in Bradford, was serving with the 1st Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment Battle Group.

The 24-year-old had left his vehicle in a village about 15 kilometres southwest of Kandahar city, when he was killed by an IED blast on July 20.

Collier had been wounded in an earlier encounter with an improvised explosive device during his tour of duty which began in May.

Collier posted on Facebook and one of his last posts was about longing for a beer, to which a friend replied one would be waiting for him back home ....

Back