• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 Edmonton police officers shot and killed

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
RIP Officers, I hope they get the bastard who did this.

The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) say two police officers were killed in the line of duty Thursday morning.

Police say it happened while the officers were responding to a call earlier in the day.

Multiple reports say there is a large police presence in the city’s neighbourhoods of Inglewood and Woodcroft.

Officers said earlier that an incident happened overnight in the area.

EPS Chief Dale McFee said he will hold a press conference later in the morning.

It’s unclear where it happened or when at this time.

Edmonton police have confirmed a small portion of 132 Street between 114 Avenue and 117 Avenue has been closed.

Members of other police forces across the country have begun passing their condolences for those affected by the shooting.

Ralph Kaisers, the president of the Vancouver Police Union and the BC Police Association, tweeted “Our hearts are broken as we hear news of the murder of two Edmonton Police officers last night. On behalf of all our members of the BC Police Association we send our heartfelt condolences. Our thoughts and prayers are with all family, friends, and colleagues.”

His tweet was joined by OPP Commissioner Thomas Carrique and many more.

What I’m hearing is it was a domestic, both officers shot and killed, the male suspect is also dead (no word on how), female victim in critical condition.

My thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of the two fallen officers, as well as those of the innocent victim.

This is sad 😔❤️‍🩹

For those unfamiliar with the area, the area around 118 Ave is notorious for being a high crime area. Lots of homeless people, drugs, prostitution, petty crime, etc

118 Ave is mostly commercial with pawn shops & such, with the area right behind the shops being residential (which is where this occurred)

People here will b**ch about the cops, same as anywhere I suppose, but EPS has worked HARD to really connect with the community in so many ways, and our police chief Dale McFee is a class act.

From every single interaction I’ve ever had with them, EPS has been great to deal with & truly do a great job.

Rest In Peace 😔

What I’m hearing is it was a domestic, both officers shot and killed, the male suspect is also dead (no word on how), female victim in critical condition.

My thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of the two fallen officers, as well as those of the innocent victim.

News is reporting the suspect died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

"At this time, all indications are they did not have a chance to discharge their firearms," McFee said.

RIP Constable Jordan and Constable Ryan.

News is reporting the suspect died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

"At this time, all indications are they did not have a chance to discharge their firearms," McFee said.

RIP Constable Jordan and Constable Ryan.
That checks out. Probably two members arriving on scene and going in together as initial response, ambushed, and then a suicide shortly after. And at some point in all this the civilian victim was badly injured too.

My condolences 💐 to the families of the officers.
It sounds like an ambush shooting to me.

RIP to the EPS members, condolences to their families, shift mates and all EPS members. It sounds very similar to what happened to the two South Simcoe PS members in Ontario.

Global is reporting that the survivor is the mother of the 16 or 17 year old shooter.
It is confirmed.

While I obviously can't say much at this time, as the information needs to be released via the official channels, what I can say is...

- The victim who was in critical condition, which has since been upgraded to serious, is the subject's mother (not a gunshot)

- The subject is 16 years old

- The subject did die of a self inflicted gunshot wound at the scene

Essentially it was the victim who initially called police. The address is an apartment building.

The officers arrived on scene and made entry to the building. They were gunned down immediately upon starting down a hallway towards the apartment suite.

They did not have time to even draw their firearms.

The officers were taken to hospital by other officers who arrived shortly after, saw their colleagues were down, and determined they needed medical assistance immediately

University of Alberta hospital is more or less straight down the road a few km

(Ironically enough, the U of A hospital is straight down Groat Road, named after another Edmonton police member who died in the line of duty.)

It is confirmed.

While I obviously can't say much at this time, as the information needs to be released via the official channels, what I can say is...

- The victim who was in critical condition, which has since been upgraded to serious, is the subject's mother (not a gunshot)

- The subject is 16 years old

- The subject did die of a self inflicted gunshot wound at the scene

Essentially it was the victim who initially called police. The address is an apartment building.

The officers arrived on scene and made entry to the building. They were gunned down immediately upon starting down a hallway towards the apartment suite.

They did not have time to even draw their firearms.

The officers were taken to hospital by other officers who arrived shortly after, saw their colleagues were down, and determined they needed medical assistance immediately

University of Alberta hospital is more or less straight down the road a few km

(Ironically enough, the U of A hospital is straight down Groat Road, named after another Edmonton police member who died in the line of duty.)

Thanks for this

Father was at the scene and not injured, it might have been his, but there is speculation the youth and gun might be linked to another recent shooting.

Back