• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 CER manpower

Dog

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm currently a reserve engineer heading off on my 3's on Saturday... after my 3's are complete, depending on course availability or possibility of a tour with my unit (33CER) I'm hoping to CT back to the reg force. Specifically I'd like to go to 2 CER due to it's proximity to Ottawa, for my wifes job, and proximity to my wifes family. In your opinions (or actual facts, whatever) is 2 CER in need of personnel right now, or will they be in need of personnel? And what would be the chances of me getting approved for a transfer to 2 CER?

Petawawa is really the only place that she wants to go.... she makes significantly more than I would as a reg force sapper, so it's financial suicide to ask her to walk away from her job if we can't replace her income...

The units are always gaining & loosing people.  That one regiment is drawing more new people than another regiment is based on a number of things (number of vacant positions & pending deployments being important factors).  Nobody posting here can tell you which unit you would likely be posted too.  If you will not join unless you are certain of 2 CER, then you won't end-up rejoining because nobody can make any promises along those lines.

Career managers can take your preference into consideration, but you go where the Army needs.

Dog said:
I'm currently a reserve engineer heading off on my 3's on Saturday... after my 3's are complete, depending on course availability or possibility of a tour with my unit (33CER) I'm hoping to CT back to the reg force. Specifically I'd like to go to 2 CER due to it's proximity to Ottawa, for my wifes job, and proximity to my wifes family. In your opinions (or actual facts, whatever) is 2 CER in need of personnel right now, or will they be in need of personnel? And what would be the chances of me getting approved for a transfer to 2 CER?

Petawawa is really the only place that she wants to go.... she makes significantly more than I would as a reg force sapper, so it's financial suicide to ask her to walk away from her job if we can't replace her income...

All the engineer units need troops.  If you are asking for the number of troops in 2 CER, that would be OPSPEC.

Understood, it was a wild shot in the dark, to see if anyone actually knew where the posting preference was for the army when in came to the CER's... when I joined up in '05 (as infantry), everyone was telling me that RCR was the major gaining unit... and it turned out to be correct... was just looking for hints as to who's looking for people now. But I can live with not knowing, until the word comes back.

Dog,

A CER always requires troops, put your CT in and request 2 CER. If you don't get offered 2 CER, look at your options then.

Back