• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1997, 1st Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Freedom of the City, Calgary, Ab

The tan uniforms looked great - we should bring them back :ROFLMAO:

I liked not just the look - since summer is often parade season, they were a lot comfier than the heavy green ones...which we never got a summer weight version of when they were withdrawn.

They sure showed the rifle grease though, especially after a few 'sweaty' rehearsals.

I liked not just the look - since summer is often parade season, they were a lot comfier than the heavy green ones...which we never got a summer weight version of when they were withdrawn.
Interesting. In contrast, the RCAF just discontinued the winter weight version of its DEUs.

[Insert joke about RCAF and parades here. Go ahead. You know you want to.]

They sure showed the rifle grease though, especially after a few 'sweaty' rehearsals.
I can't honestly remember wearing them for rehearsals - for that reason, though summer garrison dress was a tan shirt without jacket or sweater, which would show that up.

Interesting. In contrast, the RCAF just discontinued the winter weight version of its DEUs.

[Insert joke about RCAF and parades here. Go ahead. You know you want to.]
What - that y'all only do things indoors in climate controlled environments from behind a desk OR fly somewhere nice for them?

:devilish:

Never had that problem in all the years we wore them. Some units must have had pretty greasy rifles.

😁

What - that y'all only do things indoors in climate controlled environments from behind a desk OR fly somewhere nice for them?

:devilish:
I wish. I've stood on more than a few flight line aprons for a few hours.

I was really surprised (and grateful) that one of them, in 30-something degrees in the sun, was changed to DEU 3Bs.

Some old traditions are worth bringing back, RCEME used to have stable belts, would love that in DEU's over those plastic white belts.

In the pre CF Greens/DEU era the equivalent order of dress still used white belts.

1960 in battledress
ppcli1960b.jpg

1968 in TWs
ppcli1968.jpg

Stable belts, for those regiments/corps who affected that British item, would have worn them with bush dress or with a more casual version of service dress such as seen around the expanding waistline of this general officer (on the right) having a drink with the Sergeants Mess.

stablebelt1a.jpg

Are those blue things ascots? Bring back the ascot! :ROFLMAO:

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

I kept looking for myself - then I remembered at the last moment I didn't have to do it because apparently my Oakley chit was annoying people ;)

*seriously I got my eyes burned during the rehearsal using the CF issues sunglasses (I had gotten my retinas burned earlier with the CF and have had a light sensitivity ever since then) - and so the MO decided that he had enough and let me wear my Oakley's - which I already had a chit for - but he made it very clear that I wasn't to be told to remove them or use other eyewear just to make someone happy.
** in CSM Cromwell's defense I did have a chit for a lot of things, that he suspected I may have been gaming the uniform system.

Back