• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1950's canadian army help!!!

CADPAT44

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am in need of some information, pics, or anything else you can give me on the Canadian Army in the 1950's. Google has failed me, all of the other sites that I useualy go to for info have none, and I have no were to go. What I would really like to get is info on

>numbers of personel in both regular and the reserves
>Pics of Bush Dress
>Info on weapons used
>deployments
>anything else you can think about.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me
Russell
:cdn:

Well for starters there is the Korean War.

I'm giving you a bit of a break because of your age here. I'd suggest checking out a library besides internet sources.

CADPAT44 said:
I am in need of some information, pics, or anything else you can give me on the Canadian Army in the 1950's. Google has failed me, all of the other sites that I useualy go to for info have none, and I have no were to go. 

There is a wealth of info sitting there and in larger collections the Canadian military-related topics have their own section.  The larger the library the better the collection, and 99% of it will never have migrated to the net...

You will also have to expand your Google range of searches.  Try these pages (scroll down past the intro section):

Army Headquarters (AHQ) Reports, 1948-1959
http://www.dnd.ca/dhh/collections/reports/engraph/ahq_e.asp?cat=7

Canadian Forces Headquarters (CFHQ) Reports, 1965-1980
http://www.dnd.ca/dhh/collections/reports/engraph/cfhq_e.asp?cat=7

There is a book that deals with the Canadian deployments in Germany by Sean Maloney called “War Without Battles Canada’s NATO Brigade in Germany 1951 - 1993” McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. ISBN 0-07-552892-4.

Dog Walker said:
There is a book that deals with the Canadian deployments in Germany by Sean Maloney called “War Without Battles Canada’s NATO Brigade in Germany 1951 - 1993” McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. ISBN 0-07-552892-4.

Memories of HIE208 I'm having with mention of that title.  8)

Back