• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

17 teen girls make a pact to get pregnant!!!

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
While reading the 12 year old girl sues father story, this article link was on the side.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! 

Reproduced from Digital Journal iaw the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright  ...
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/256328
Suddenly there were as a 400 per cent increase in teen pregnancies at a Massachusetts high school. An investigation found that the students made a pact to get pregnant at the same time.
Time Magazine investigated the sudden rise in teen pregnancy at Gloucester High School in Massachusetts. They uncovered an agreement between the girls to get pregnant at the same time. All are under 16 years old.

Principal Joseph Sullivan told Time Magazine that the pregnancies were not shocking but one of the teenagers got pregnant with a 24-year-old homeless man.

Time Magazine reported that nearly half of the girls confessed to making a pact to get pregnant and raising the babies together.

The same school has been involved in a fight recently with Addison Gilbert Hospital, which administers the state public health grant that funds the school clinic. The hospital refused to give the school funds because the school clinic wanted to give the pills to the students anonymously and preserve confidentiality of the students.

According to the school clinic’s records, the school normally has about four pregnancies per academic year.

The school officials began to investigate after a number of girls came to visit the school clinic for pregnancy tests. Some of the girls came repeatedly to do the tests. A few of them were noticeably upset when they were not getting pregnant, according to Sullivan.

Both the pregnant girls and the parents declined to be interviewed for this story.

One recent graduate, Amanda Ireland, 18, became pregnant during her freshman year and talked about this case with Time Magazine.. She told them:

They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally…I try to explain it's hard to feel loved when an infant is screaming to be fed at 3 a.m.

It is too late to change the circumstances; the parents and the school should at least make sure the kids will be good mothers and train them adequately.

It's unfortunate that society is leaning this way.

Sounds like a sequel to American Pie - The Prego Pact

I was talking to my uncle in England who's about to become an unwilling grandfather - it seems like having a kid there as a teenager is almost a "career choice" - subsidized council housing, social assistance, etc.  If you're a teenage girl with no ambition it's an option to consider it seems.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with some people though.  Apparently it was a primarily Catholic town and the girls had really no good sex ed program I would imagine.

The problem is we've allowed, as a country and society, to let the "do gooders" have too much say in the way we raise children.
Case in point: Some judge in Quebec ruled a dad could not ground his bratty 12 year old. Not only that, but we allow childless "counsellors" tell us what's best for our kids.
While these people are "book smart" with all the requisite diplomas on their walls, they are not "Street smart" like kids can be.

Redeye said:
I don't know what the heck is wrong with some people though.  Apparently it was a primarily Catholic town and the girls had really no good sex ed program I would imagine.

I would think the blame would be on the parents as well no?
I did not take "sex-ed" in school, not in grade school, and not in high school.  Everything was taught by my mother and I think that's partly the problem.  It's becoming "baby's raising baby's" and it's a never-ending cycle.  Sometimes accidents happen which are blessings, but I think at 17 years old it's a completely silly thing to plan!!

Parenthood is glamourized now more than ever. While it is a wonderful experience to have when one is ready for it (financially and emotionally), parenting is hard work. Babysitting might give them some idea of what it is really like - as it did for me as a teen. Then they would see that it's not all about playdates and dressing your baby up like a dolly in cute outfits. Walking the floor with a colicky baby for hours, trying to calm a tantrumming toddler, and my personal favourite, projectile vomit  ;D will make even the most mature, responsible teenager reconsider starting a family 'early' as per the current Hollywood trend.

There is a new reality show starting next week that these teens may want to check out: http://www.nbc.com/The_Baby_Borrowers/

Just a question:  Are these locations located near Military Bases?

How many "Single Moms" are there living in close proximity to a Military Base and looking to hook up with a young single soldier?

... and if said single soldier ends up a daddy, he should have used birth control himself. 

It takes 2 to tango.

What ever, the stupidity of some people baffles me .  Makes me worried about my 14 year old sister.  :-[

...makes me glad that I educated my two older boys (now young soldiers in Pet) and reaffirms my commitment to provide age appropriate lessons to my youngest son as he gets older.

dukkadukka said:
I would think the blame would be on the parents as well no?
I did not take "sex-ed" in school, not in grade school, and not in high school.  Everything was taught by my mother and I think that's partly the problem.  It's becoming "baby's raising baby's" and it's a never-ending cycle.  Sometimes accidents happen which are blessings, but I think at 17 years old it's a completely silly thing to plan!!

Oh, I wasn't saying the parents weren't to blame, that's definitely true to - it seems that a lot of parents abrogate that responsibility perhaps thinking that schools will look after it but they really don't.  In general I look to parents when I see a situation like this - schools, after all, can only do so much - and in this case where it appears these weren't 'accidents', what's a school to do really?

George Wallace said:
Just a question:  Are these locations located near Military Bases?

How many "Single Moms" are there living in close proximity to a Military Base and looking to hook up with a young single soldier?

Well, if you guys would just stop looking so hot in those uniforms... ;)

I agree with scoutfinch - women aren't solely responsible for birth control. Protection is easy to obtain and small enough to fit in your wallet.  8)

If you put candy in front of a baby and the baby eats it......is it the baby's fault?  ;D

Celticgirl said:
I agree with scoutfinch - women aren't solely responsible for birth control. Protection is easy to obtain and small enough to fit in your wallet.  8)
Of course, the best protection is abstinence, or, if you're Meg Griffin from "The Family Guy", you can "do it in the ear", whatever that means ;D

But, seriously, information is power, parents are supposed to be the primary educators of our young (the recent court decision in Quebec notwithstanding) and it comes down to parents actually parenting their young.

Celticgirl said:
Protection is easy to obtain and small enough to fit in your wallet.  8)

But you shouldn't put it in your wallet, that heats it up and causes it to weaken, and possibly break during the deed. Maybe therse kids should learn to double up! (with the protection I mean, get your minds out of the gutter!)

Chapeski said:
But you shouldn't put it in your wallet, that heats it up and causes it to weaken, and possibly break during the deed. Maybe therse kids should learn to double up! (with the protection I mean, get your minds out of the gutter!)

Hope you didn't mean double up the condoms.  Because the friction of the two latex surfaces often cause one if not both to break.  Thats a big no no as well!   :p 

Chapeski said:

Ewwwww!  Two on a condom.........Ewwww!

;D

I know that isn't what you meant........But sloppy seconds does come to mind.

George Wallace said:
Ewwwww!  Two on a condom.........Ewwww!

;D

I know that isn't what you meant........But sloppy seconds does come to mind.

This thread is going to get good, I can tell.  :pop:

Back