• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

12 AMS - Tell us if you have served or are serving in that Sqn

Rigger7710(F)

Inactive
Reaction score
I was posted to 12 AMS on 08 Jul 1993. But in fact, I was there since 1992 when it was the CFB Shearwater BAMEO organization. I started on Sea King helicopters in PMO, later called ARO, then ASO HT followed by ASO HS when I did my sea tour on the Montreal and Algonquin HELAIRDETs. After a tour in a staff job I went to NDHQ and came back to 12 AMS in 2002 in a staff job again then in ASO HT until it was absorbed by 423 Sqn in 2004. I came back to 12 AMS for a last time in 2008 until my retirement in 2009

I was in Shearwater from 1985-2000. I was in the metal shop when it expanded to where the old T58 shop was.  It was a good tour there and the people were good. I worked in PMO most of the time when we had 4-5 Sea King AC in maintenance at one time. It was then decided to amalgamate our Metal Techs, Machinists and Refinishers to ACS. I then did a three year tour in "F" hangar only to do a year on the tanker before I was posted to Trenton, to C130 MAintenance. The rest is history.

Jim

Well, I guess I worked with both of you. I got posted to PMO right after they closed Baden ~92/93. I was on Willy W's crew. After 6 months I got sent to the Engine Bay with Choker, Valade, Corning and the rest of the guys. A few years later I was off to do some "sandy bottom sailing".

AW from 80-87, SRO (A Hgr Snags), DSO (F Hgr Dets, 423 Sqn), ASO (B Hgr then D Ward), PMO (3 Hgr), ESO (B hgr (VA Shop))
AW Det West 87-88, then back as HS443 then 443 (MH) Sqn 91-98
WrenchBender (Beetle B)

My first sail was with Wrench Bender. Good to hear your voice Beetle!

Back