• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1/35 Leopard 2A6M Cdn in plastic

GINge!

Reaction score
Looks like the Hobbyboss kit will be out soon, around August.

82458box.jpg

http://www.hobbyboss.com/82458.html

Looks like everything we need to make the Cdn version is in the box - slat armour, Cdn markings, GPMG, "T" Antenna mounts.

No word on a price, but previous iterations of their Leopards (2A4, 2A5) can be had for around $25.

/begin phase "the little boy inside me who loves toys"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Screw buying Nutella, Minute Rice, Pork Chops and Eggs this week... I'm buying THAT!  ;D

/end phase

That's actually really amazing!

I have a couple of HobbyBoss kits already, a German Pz.Kpfw KV-1 756 and a Russia T-34/76 (1942). I love hobby model kits, keeps my hands busy on my days off... the fiancee can keep her sanity for another hour or two  ;)

I'm not so much into armour right now, but I see myself building one of these.

Is there a photoetch set for it? If so I'll be building my old C/S.

Regards

The model of the Leo tank is incomplete. It has to have that huge combat umbrella covering the crew commander when they are going down the river bed 

Tow Tripod said:
The model of the Leo tank is incomplete. It has to have that huge combat umbrella covering the crew commander when they are going down the river bed

Part of the Barricuda kit. An add on package from one of the TAVs in '08.

Regards

Is there going to a be a Lawfield Corrider detailing package with beer coolers and a hibachi?    ;D

Michael O'Leary said:
Is there going to a be a Lawfield Corrider detailing package with beer coolers and a hibachi?    ;D

With the additional miniatures of the CC and loader pouring out extremely hot coffee on the ground...while an infanteer sadly looks on in the winter scene.

Then there is the added tank telephone being stretched too far by a section commander while the tank driver runs over a tree diorama as well.

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
With the additional miniatures of the CC and loader pouring out extremely hot coffee on the ground...while an infanteer sadly looks on in the winter scene.

Just that you know these incidents actually take place has raised your stock value a lot with me.

While we're at it, why not include the miniatures of the infanteer shaking himself awake at night fighting frostbite while the tanker racks out on his back deck sweating down the side of the tank because the engine is still radiating too much heat hours after it shut down.

Petamocto said:
Just that you know these incidents actually take place has raised your stock value a lot with me.

While we're at it, why not include the miniatures of the infanteer shaking himself awake at night fighting frostbite while the tanker racks out on his back deck sweating down the side of the tank because the engine is still radiating too much heat hours after it shut down.

You've dated yourself.

We rarely ever get the chance to do that anymore. More often that not, we're on the ground too.

Most guys that have less than 10 years in don't even know what it's like to live on the tanks, sleep on the back deck, refuel a tank using the hoppers while the thing is still rolling through the running resupply or cook up a crew serve breakfast.

/tangent

So anyone know of any photo-etched parts?

Regards

I don't think the HB kit will come with PE.

There is PE available, but its designed for the Tamiya kit. You can make a 2A6M CDN from the Tamiya kit, but in addition to the slat armour PE, you'd need the Storm Mini's resin bits, and some Echelon decals (not that there's many markings). I'm going to build both - the Tamiya + etch + other bits for a 'serious' attempt, and the HobbyBoss one as a weekend or "Hooray, I'm on TD in Valcartier" slammer.

The coleman coolers are out there, along with 1/35 cans of TimHo's.
Drink_set__Coll__4c38df58af3c1.jpg

Woohoo, looks like the care packages arrived:
CDN_Coffee__Snac_4c33b64a969ee.jpg

Can't forget IMP's. Sadly, no gravy for the Strats.
CDN_IMP_Boxes_Su_4c33b2e68a9bd.jpg

Wow..what a great day....this is making me well up with tears. Finally Canada has made such an impact on the world stage that model companies around the world are making model kits and Canadian Accessories for said kits.  :salute:
proud day folks proud day

Well not really proud. but surpized and kida stoked at the same time.
Is there going to be a  resin kit of a CP  where a Task force commander is putting the blocks to an NCM?

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
So anyone know of any photo-etched parts?

Regards

Kit comes with 2 frets of PE. One covers the perforated turret basket walls & floor, the other has the two circular engine deck grilles, the convoy-white-cross-on-a-shield frigamajig, some gunner sight frames, and what I think might be a guard for the SGL.

GINge! said:
Kit comes with 2 frets of PE. One covers the perforated turret basket walls & floor, the other has the two circular engine deck grilles, the convoy-white-cross-on-a-shield frigamajig, some gunner sight frames, and what I think might be a guard for the SGL.

I give up...what is that? Seeing as I've commanded one, instructed the conversion course, even I don't know of this part nor the acronym.

Regards

The correct term is Multi Barrel Grenade Discharger or Multi Barrel Grenade Launcher dependant on platform.

Back