• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

‘White nationalism’ a threat the Canadian Armed Forces aren’t equipped for: watchdog

But even then I've read Caucasians will always have majority status even when they're physically the minority (Toronto, Vancouver) because of their white privilege.
From the latest Statscan census, visible minorities are 16.1% of the population throughout Canada.

So yeah, in Toronto (and possibly Vancouver) Caucasians are a minority, but that itself is a...minority.

Just woke up and coffee seeping into my veins, but as I recall, the predication for Caucasians in Vancouver to be a minority was around 2027 and I would say we are fully on track. What I get from many immigrants who are successful and hard working is that they want a strong Canadian identity and culture that they can tack onto with their foods, festivals and outfits. They don't want the pollution, corruption, authoritarianism, violence, poverty and poorly run bureaucracy that they left behind to follow them here. That's where the strong Canadian culture comes in, to ensure that does not happen.

From the latest Statscan census, visible minorities are 16.1% of the population throughout Canada.

Reagrding that,

Statistics Canada projects that by 2041, visible minorities will make up 38.2–43.0% of the total Canadian population, compared with 26.5% in 2021.

My wife were discussing the Asian vs Caucasian versions of child raising and what she is seeing in students, her opinion is that a female Asian and Caucasian male will make the best parent pair to raise kids. Which is what we are seeing a fair bit here now.

There’s section 16:

View attachment 76109

But in any case, it doesn’t appear that the NAC has actually excluded anyone by refusing them goods or services. They’re encouraging a specific clientele on a specific night, and are encouraging non-blacks to attend a different showing (and there are a number of them), but there’s no actual rule or teeth to that. They’d be legally fine, I believe.

That’s a good passage of the Act I don’t think I have ever seen before TBH; or I did and don’t remember (more possible as each year roles by now). I guess there’s be varying opinions from Joe Regular citizen like me on what would/ would not qualify.

I’m a big fan of “no one is special because of their ethnicity, colour, etc”. No one.

The last part, yep, I agree. I wonder how they’d react to a white dude like me showing up…with a ticket. Don’t ask don’t tell right?

That’s a good passage of the Act I don’t think I have ever seen before TBH; or I did and don’t remember (more possible as each year roles by now). I guess there’s be varying opinions from Joe Regular citizen like me on what would/ would not qualify.

I’m a big fan of “no one is special because of their ethnicity, colour, etc”. No one.

The last part, yep, I agree. I wonder how they’d react to a white dude like me showing up…with a ticket. Don’t ask don’t tell right?

NAC’s always been professional and classy the few times I’ve been there. I expect they’d just tell you where to find your seat, and to enjoy the show.

. . . I wonder how they’d react to a white dude like me showing up…with a ticket. Don’t ask don’t tell right?

From a (supposed) NAC communication.

NAC policy.jpg

So you would likely be treated just like any other theatre patron. However, should you decide to attend Black Out events contrary to your pigmentation just for kicks, there may be a different reaction if you went to one at Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto.

What happens when a non-Black person tries to enter the space during Black Out Night?

Theatre Passe Muraille welcomes everyone who self-identify as Black to attend this performance. However, if someone self-identifies as a non-Black person and demands to enter the room, a member of our staff will be present to chat with this person. We try our best to have this labour land on a non-Black staff member and we will have non-Black front-of-house, leadership, or technical and production team members present in the lobby to help de-escalate such situations.

We will also specify across our ticketing and show pages, social media, and other communications that the Black Out Night performance is dedicated to Black audiences.

View attachment 76126

So you would likely be treated just like any other theatre patron. However, should you decide to attend Black Out events contrary to your pigmentation just for kicks, there may be a different reaction if you went to one at Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto.

As someone mentioned upthread, imagine the reaction to this if it was a White Out event.

Man, thats a whole lotta religious stuff.

I dumb it down to
(a) Can you eat pig, yes or no?
(b) Can you eat a cow, yes or no?
(c) Can you eat animals period?
3 questions? I just ask 2.
Do they carry Weapons?
What drugs do they encourage?

As a young teen I remember a left pro weed & anti gun with a right the polar opposite.

Radical Centrist Sikh :cool::ninja:⚔️
My wife were discussing the Asian vs Caucasian versions of child raising and what she is seeing in students, her opinion is that a female Asian and Caucasian male will make the best parent pair to raise kids. Which is what we are seeing a fair bit here now.
How convenient 😋🔥

How convenient 😋🔥
She is Malay/South Indian, she sees a lot of Asian males students that suffer from absent fathers who are away working and when home don't get involved and are spoiled by Mom. She finds Caucasian Mom's (unless they are recent immigrants) far to lenient. Her opinion (which I share) is that Asian Mom's bring the strictness, while Caucasian men bring presence and involvement in parenting. Yes I know these are broad generalizations, but it does play out that way for here and now. That may change in a generation or two.

Yay my Asian wife and Caucasian self! Not sure my children would concur though. :D

She is Malay/South Indian, she sees a lot of Asian males students that suffer from absent fathers who are away working and when home don't get involved and are spoiled by Mom. She finds Caucasian Mom's (unless they are recent immigrants) far to lenient. Her opinion (which I share) is that Asian Mom's bring the strictness, while Caucasian men bring presence and involvement in parenting. Yes I know these are broad generalizations, but it does play out that way for here and now. That may change in a generation or two.

gran torino GIF

View attachment 76126

So someone who doesn't identify as black will be met at the door and pressured not to attend, or very likely barred from attending.

Or would have been. National Post is reporting thr NAC had a change of plans.

National Arts Centre rescinds much-criticized plan for 'Black-only' performance​

The Feb. 17 performance is now being advertised as an event that 'will welcome Black audiences' without specifying that non-Black patrons should make other plans

As someone mentioned upthread, imagine the reaction to this if it was a White Out event.
Jordan Peterson just had his event in Ottawa. Imagine a male-identifying or white-identifying call out for attendees?

White males don't have the same challenges people of colour do so these events aren't totally out to lunch (minus hard rules). Maybe the messaging for events like this needs to improve and be explained better.

Jordan Peterson just had his event in Ottawa.

At least someone is capable of selling out the Canadian Tire Center....

All these woke, cancel culture protesters are nothing more than cowards. All talk, no substance. They are bugs that are easily swatted.

All these woke, cancel culture protesters are nothing more than cowards. All talk, no substance. They are bugs that are easily swatted.

No, they are people with opposing ideas. And their ideas are to challenged and then they are to be left to be.

People are welcome to believe and govern themselves as they see fit. I don't believe anyone should be imposing their social and political beliefs on anyone.

There is no need for dehumanization, take the high road friend.

Back