Tend to agree with Dan -
-Mountbatten -and remember Montgommery was involved in planning also- but got out at last minute.
As for High School CGEP teacher theory that raid was for Navy Enigma machine - check out his CGEP at
this theory is ludicrous!
And it is being...
One final question raised by recent CBC documentary on Dieppe Raid
- who is this Prof David O'Keefe? - he seems to be an expert in revealing "secrets" and "reasons for"previous Canadian Military disasters "The Secret War Files: The Battle of The Mace -The Battle of the Mace was the last...
On page 16 of the current Macleans magazine of August 20 2012, the article states the real reason for the raid had a real " vital mission" -" to steal highly valuable inteligence material from a German naval headquarters in the town (Dieppe")"
Simple question - Yes or No?
The Royal Canadian Legion now is 80 % civilian - and the remaining 20 % are mostly WW2 and Korean War vets- the traditional veterans.Why should they protest - they are covered in no small part due to efforts of the Legion.
The ones protesting are the post Korean to present day veteran or...
The following information is needed to complete Vol 7 of the Official Book of Rememberance - kept in Peace tower Parliament Buildings Ottawa
- haave had no luck through "Official channels"
3 October 1954 104 Communications Flight, RCAF Station St. Hubert. DFS 093-1526 file indicates that when...
I believe you are talking about the DHC Buffalo - to commemorate Canaian UN 116 ATU shot down in Syria which was restored and is now in "perfect restored - not yet flyable - but an excellent restoration- I was on the Committee.
not a Caribou
- still looking -
Thank you Blackadder with reference to web page http://www.dhc4and5.org/CV2.html-alas has not been updated since 2005
and as for you Former HorseGuard I suspect you are right about none kept in Canada
Do check out
still have some good books yet to sell
-prices lower than any dealers!!:>)
• The Patricias. The Proud History of a Fighting Regiment (ISBN: 0773732985 / 0-7737-3298-5) Bercuson, David J. $35
• Once a Patricia - Memoirs of a...
Come on folks -there has to be a Caribou aircraft somewhere in Canada.
Yes I know there are existing aircract in Museum in Australia-
-on a pylon in Malaysia-
-in mueums and private ownership all over the US of A
-lying in fields in Tanzania
but where oh where is there a DHC Caribou...
Does anyone know if there is a DHC Caribou still flying in Canada -
or in a museum in Canada -
or in storage even -in Canada ??
Anywhere in Canada there has to be one !!
(DHC-4 Caribou (known in the U.S. military as CV-2 and C-7 )
I have decided to keep selling my books myself - I am NOT a dealer and my price will always be below a dealers price.
I have still close to 1000 military books - mostly Canadian military history.
Please contact me at
I collected books for 50 years and looked after...
Thank you for all the contribitions! I could not have done History of the "fogotten army and airforce" UNEF 1 and 2
• HISTORY OF 115 ATU at
• Diary of 115 ATU at...
I have sold 400 -all of them below bookseller prices -
I still have 900 Canadian military books left all in good to excellent shape -Navy' Cdn Army / Air Force.
I am now converting book list now from Word onto a software program so I can sell on Allibris or Abe
so please let me know if you...