• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

Easier to understand and comply with than most NDHQ policies, even if it is in the language of the elder gods.
My favourites are conflicting policies that tell you to do the opposite, and funding/available resources that supports neither option. And the OPIs are legacy acronyms that no longer exist with no forwarding info, so you can't figure out who to ask.

I've stared into the void of PMCD, and found I had no mouth to scream with! MM and DRMIS on top of that means that I have no soul left for Cthulu. Somedays a 3B release into a customer service job seems like a welcome relief.

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.
I had to
Google That Shit GIF by MOODMAN

Regarding AEW, if you’ll indulge me hitting the crack pipe for a moment, is there significant parts and maintenance commonality between P-8 Poseidon and E-7 Wedgetail? I understanding both to be derivatives of somewhat different versions of 737NG?

Regarding AEW, if you’ll indulge me hitting the crack pipe for a moment, is there significant parts and maintenance commonality between P-8 Poseidon and E-7 Wedgetail? I understanding both to be derivatives of somewhat different versions of 737NG?
That’s been the selling point.

I’ll go out on a limb and guess that was a local maintenance problem, likely failing to securely latch something designed to easily open up for access.
I am not an aviator by any means, but Boeing has had some incredible problems with cutting corners and poor worksmanship for a while now. I would be unsurprised if this was related.

E-7 is based on a 737-NG700ER, which is a modified NG700, in that it has an NG800 wing with greater fuel capacity than the original NG700. Essentially it’s a variant earlier than the P-8A, which is based on an NG800 with a -900 wing. Main point of interest is a very significant amount of common parts between the -7 and -8, so there could reasonably be in-service support efficiencies achieved in operations. 👍🏼

E-7 is based on a 737-NG700ER, which is a modified NG700, in that it has an NG800 wing with greater fuel capacity than the original NG700. Essentially it’s a variant earlier than the P-8A, which is based on an NG800 with a -900 wing. Main point of interest is a very significant amount of common parts between the -7 and -8, so there could reasonably be in-service support efficiencies achieved in operations. 👍🏼
Kinda like all kinds of cars do. Like 68 Barracudas having common parts with Darts, etc.

It’s called “will my posting to Location X be randomly pulled while I’m driving there?”
"No life like it..."

"The adventure starts here..."

"A military career builds courage & perseverance in the face of adversity..."

Pfffffffttttttt...and people say recruiters lie...

I’ll go out on a limb and guess that was a local maintenance problem, likely failing to securely latch something designed to easily open up for access.

It seems the key issues are far more profound, and should probably steer us away from considering Boeing as a supplier:

Why Boeing’s Problems with the 737 MAX Began More Than 25 Years Ago

Aggressive cost cutting and rocky leadership changes have eroded the culture at Boeing, a company once admired for its engineering rigor, says Bill George. What will it take to repair the reputational damage wrought by years of crises involving its 737 MAX?

Once again, Boeing’s 737 MAX is back in the headlines.

After two crashes that killed 346 people in 2018 and 2019 and five years of ensuing design changes and regulatory scrutiny, the 737 MAX is grounded again after a mid-air blowout of a fuselage panel on January 5. After loose bolts were discovered on other MAX 9s, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grounded the planes and opened an investigation into whether MAX is safe to fly, accompanied by a stern warning, saying, “This incident should have never happened, and it cannot happen again.”

Boeing has also experienced repeated problems in design and production with its newest jumbo jet, the 787 Dreamliner. Such frequent, repeated crises point to a deeper issue than isolated engineering mishaps. The underlying cause of these issues is a leadership failure that has allowed cultural drift away from Boeing’s once-vaunted engineering quality.

Why Boeing’s Problems with the 737 MAX Began More Than 25 Years Ago - HBS Working Knowledge

Back