• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Army recruiting video - 2024

I’m thinking you’re right. The CAF needs a diverse skill base, not everyone will be attracted by a hard sea trade nor a hard combat arms position nor suitable for such in temperament etc but perhaps cyber operations as a example does fit.

Having the different trades and jobs displayed is valuable, the CAF just needs to ensure people can actually see a path to them and get to those positions in a reasonable manner or we will just have more retention issues post initial contact.

I’m thinking you’re right. The CAF needs a diverse skill base, not everyone will be attracted by a hard sea trade nor a hard combat arms position nor suitable for such in temperament etc but perhaps cyber operations as a example does fit.

Having the different trades and jobs displayed is valuable, the CAF just needs to ensure people can actually see a path to them and get to those positions in a reasonable manner or we will just have more retention issues post initial contact.
Agreed. Using Perun’s “funnel” model below, I think all of those are trying to catch the “who we want” and funnelling them down to the “who wants us” section. Also, he suggests that it is a 10:1 interest to recruit ratio.

1705362864600.png

From what I’ve noticed for the past few months, each of the services is branching off and doing more of their own social media stuff.

Call me “woke” but I think there is a place for all of those videos.
Well yeah I guess there needs to be something for those folks who get hotels and shit… ;)

Ok who let the one PAO with an imagination run wild…

That’s a good video. It hit the point without being cheesy. 👍🏻👍🏻

And where can one get one of those cool shirts?

Issue in deployments now - but there’s a fair few companies that make them. The infantry school kit shop in Gagetown makes a fortune selling them honestly.
There is a look cool factor in them plus the utility of them under body armor. Thank you!

Well technically that one is the Army’s.
This is the CAFs most recent one.

As someone who is neurodivergent (diagnosed with Autism and ADHD while in uniform). This is refrshing to see and honestly is overdue.

Its funny seeing on an organizational level, the CAF trying to go through a Digital Transformation and come to the realization that it has unintentionally marginalized the vast majority of the population with the skill sets needed to do it.

The introverted "nerd"(most likely neurodivergent) who plays around with coding and solving puzzles is definitely going to walk past an organization that favours the extroverted, "jock(combat arms)", type A personality; both in recognition, branding, and retention.

Its why we now are paying those nerds who went to AWS, Microsoft, and Google out the nose as contractors to help us move into the 21st century, rather than pull from internal talent.

If we start showing that the CAF can be a place for both types, and that the idea of a "Cyber Warrior" is ridiculous to all involved... we might have a chance of shifting to meet the threat.

Its less about being "woke" and more about actually realizing not everyone in uniform needs to be the cookie cutter 25, 6ft 1, Combat Arms, hockey player type to bring Strategic, operational, or tactical effects on the enemy.

As someone who is neurodivergent (diagnosed with Autism and ADHD while in uniform). This is refrshing to see and honestly is overdue.

Its funny seeing on an organizational level, the CAF trying to go through a Digital Transformation and come to the realization that it has unintentionally marginalized the vast majority of the population with the skill sets needed to do it.

The introverted "nerd"(most likely neurodivergent) who plays around with coding and solving puzzles is definitely going to walk past an organization that favours the extroverted, "jock(combat arms)", type A personality; both in recognition, branding, and retention.

Its why we now are paying those nerds who went to AWS, Microsoft, and Google out the nose as contractors to help us move into the 21st century, rather than pull from internal talent.

If we start showing that the CAF can be a place for both types, and that the idea of a "Cyber Warrior" is ridiculous to all involved... we might have a chance of shifting to meet the threat.

Its less about being "woke" and more about actually realizing not everyone in uniform needs to be the cookie cutter 25, 6ft 1, Combat Arms, hockey player type to bring Strategic, operational, or tactical effects on the enemy.

IOW, they could have used a clip from this movie? ;)

I've never seen anything, or even a hint of anything, pointed at the Log, Fin, and HR worlds.

Not the first foggiest idea how you'd present that, since it's even less immediately Cool™ than the cyber side of things, but not like the CAF doesn't need clerks and stores staff.

I've never seen anything, or even a hint of anything, pointed at the Log, Fin, and HR worlds.

Not the first foggiest idea how you'd present that, since it's even less immediately Cool™ than the cyber side of things, but not like the CAF doesn't need clerks and stores staff.
What's a clerk?? :D

Back