• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Arrested:

And for Canada Day:

Excellent.

They seem to have learned alot since last time!

Arrested:

And for Canada Day:

I hope this applies to shitheads across the political/philosophical spectrum, but I suppose that's not who this warning was aimed at.

Yet real criminals - you remember those guys and girls that actually rob and hurt people - get Promise To Appear all the time with conditions , Then go and break them almost immediately.
How many of those post pix of themselves breaching conditions on social media, though?

It is only a crime if your famous......like parole, if you made the newspaper you do 1/2 to 3/4 of your sentence, if not, you're out in 1/6th.

The federal government is obviously terrified at the level of support for and the potential for another "convoy".
What if the orange shirt gang shows up in Ottawa to protest the criminal past of the country and it's murder of indigenous. Will they be allowed to hijack railroads and infrastructure without recourse?

What if the orange shirt gang shows up in Ottawa to protest the criminal past of the country and it's murder of indigenous. Will they be allowed to hijack railroads and infrastructure without recourse?
If they do show up, I expect the EA enacted and personal bank accounts seized.

If they do show up, I expect the EA enacted and personal bank accounts seized.
Don't count on it. They blockaded rail lines - zero consequences. If they do occupy the Hill then expect statues of every PM to be torn down.

The federal government is obviously terrified at the level of support for and the potential for another "convoy".
Terrified? No. Simply very prepared for the possibility. There will not be a repeat of protesters being tolerated in illegally logjamming the city.

Lich allegedly violated bail conditions not to have contact with someone she appears to have been photographed in the company of. Given the care that was taken to perfect her bail plan, that, if true, is pretty blatant disregard of her bail conditions. That’ll get anyone arrested if the breach is alleged with evidence.

In any case, it’s now back to the court to sort out. She was given the opportunity to remain out of custody. If she chose behaviour that breaches those conditions, then she chose the consequences. Maybe she gets bail again, maybe she doesn’t.

Sucks to be the surety who put up $20k.

According to the bought-and-paid-for media, it looks like the government is going to waive cabinet privilege on the documents and records they used to decide to invoke the Emergencies Act. Waiving that privilege is extremely rare. This will be fascinating. I would still expect national security redactions, but this’ll be something to see.

... This will be fascinating. I would still expect national security redactions, but this’ll be something to see.
Even with the redactions, it'll be intriguing to see what gets thru.

Meanwhile, way to maintain the high ground ...
One of the judges who presided over the court hearings of Freedom Convoy organizers is speaking out after receiving threats considered serious enough to require police intervention, according to information obtained by Radio-Canada and CBC.

The judge in question confirmed that supporters of the convoy from Canada and the United States sent several offensive messages, but the message that prompted police to react threatened their physical safety, the judge said ...

Back