• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I wasn’t criticizing. I’m glad it was a nothing burger and I am glad they took every precaution to reach that conclusion.
Yup, I know- sorry if it seemed like I was in any way critical of your post. I know you to be very fair minded.

Actually, damned (and rightly so) if you don't. While this might be perceived as an embarrassment for some folks, I would much rather they err on the side of caution. As well, hopefully CBSA is not pegged as the "Chicken Little."
Well yes, but I might be accused of professional bias if I asserted that myself. I meant more in the eyes of the public. I know how I and most here would go on this one.

Or some folks got caught doing a dry run.

I'm a little curious what Global means by "emergency call logs" and how they got access to them the day after an event. As far as I know, OPS radio is now encrypted.

Or some folks got caught doing a dry run.

I'm a little curious what Global means by "emergency call logs" and how they got access to them the day after an event. As far as I know, OPS radio is now encrypted.
Sounds like sources/leaks to me.

More ... Message Massage from Team Red ....
Emergency Preparedness Minister Bill Blair and Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland say they didn't hear recommendations from police to enact the Emergencies Act ... "I'm not aware of any recommendation of law enforcement," Blair said Tuesday. "Quite frankly, this is a decision of government." Blair said during the Freedom Convoy he spoke regularly with police who "were clearly having difficulties" restoring law and order, and that his role was to try to figure out why that was happening ... In response to Sen. Claude Carignan, who asked if Blair was aware of any such recommendation, he said, "Frankly I would have been quite surprised if the police had actually made a policy recommendation or asked for any legislative authority." "I do not believe that would have been an appropriate thing for law enforcement to ask, and they did not ask," Blair said ...

So now they must carefully thread the needle between “No, the police did NOT ask for the EA” and “We enacted the EA based on information provided by the CBC.”

View attachment 71390
That’s in line with my theory from a few weeks back.

I suspect a careful look will find that police didn’t ask for “the emergencies act”, specifically, but rather that certain needs and gaps were identified and articulated. I would guess that police said “here’s what we have / need to be able to do in order to resolve this”, and the government then looked at its options for how that could be achieved.

With everyone playing Dodge The Ball around who said "bazooka" out loud first ....
Even with many different theories and conspiracy ideas......why may just go down be to "My dad did it so I can too"

See I'm a big boy now. It just maybe that simple.

Even with many different theories and conspiracy ideas......why may just go down be to "My dad did it so I can too"

See I'm a big boy now. It just maybe that simple.
That thought did cross my mind…
Mine, too, back in February, to be honest. Sometimes le Dauphin is as transparent as a scrotum in front of a lightbulb.

I am not a lawyer. I'll just say, though, that if you're out on bail, and a bail condition is not to associate with someone, posing for pictures with them is probably not the best idea.
but.... shares and likes!

Similarly, if you are going to get into a fight, and people are all standing around videoing it and posting it online, your chances of getting charged seem to be pretty high. Hard to settle things behind the old schoolhouse when some ass clown puts it on Instafacegram for re-tweets.

but.... shares and likes!

Similarly, if you are going to get into a fight, and people are all standing around videoing it and posting it online, your chances of getting charged seem to be pretty high. Hard to settle things behind the old schoolhouse when some ass clown puts it on Instafacegram for re-tweets.
Two adults can consent to a fight as long as there’s no bodily harm. Though the odds of that actually happening without further aggravating dumbassery is slim.

I am not a lawyer. I'll just say, though, that if you're out on bail, and a bail condition is not to associate with someone, posing for pictures with them is probably not the best idea.

Yet real criminals - you remember those guys and girls that actually rob and hurt people - get Promise To Appear all the time with conditions , Then go and break them almost immediately.

Arrested:

And for Canada Day:

‘No warnings, no second chances,’ say mayor

Back