• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hope Neil Young remembers, Spotify don't want him around anyhow

Unsurprisingly, Spotify went with Rogan, , whose show is a huge draw for them, and took Neil Young’s music off of the service.

Nice jab but Young literally told the company to remove him from their platform. We're they going to say no?

Nice jab but Young literally told the company to remove him from their platform. We're they going to say no?
I don’t think he realized how irrelevant he was compared to Rogan. I don’t care for either of them but I know one is an aging has-been and the other is the most popular podcast on the planet (for better or worse). Simple decision by Spotify.

I can't recall ever listing to either Neil Young or Joe Rogan but it's nice to see David Draiman not afraid of the culture cancel mob.

Harvest Moon is a fantastic album.

And Joe Rogan is a great podcaster.

David Draiman I had to google to figure out hahaha

So he says he’s happy moving on from Spotify to Apple, but still incites his ex-Spotters to burden the service.

Sounds like a vindictive, petty move of someone who in fact is NOT over it…

Ummm, do you all know that Rogan is contracted to Spotify? This is not a decision about who they wanted to keep. Rogan has a contract; they CAN'T fire him. Spotify bought exclusive rights to the Joe Rogan Experience in 2020 in a deal worth north of $100 million.

Ummm, do you all know that Rogan is contracted to Spotify? This is not a decision about who they wanted to keep. Rogan has a contract; they CAN'T fire him. Spotify bought exclusive rights to the Joe Rogan Experience in 2020 in a deal worth north of $100 million.

I'm not sure Neil Young or Joni Mitchell are on this forum.

On the contrary I would say this was a smashing investment by Spotify.

71982-16412760640785-1920.jpg22184.jpeg

This second graph shows how podcasts or "long form media" are taking over.

To some people in this thread. And it may not have been obvious to some.
Animated GIF

People knew that back at Post #12, back at the beginning of the thread.

Back