• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

The problem with all the policy planks that involve subsidies is that all the people who qualify get the same thing. All the extra money just lifts the bids (prices).

Buy land and find a floor plan from 1970 and build to it.

So apparently Kevin Vuong is still serving. I didn't know that you can sit as an MP while being a member of the military.

however if you are fiscally prudent, you can get credit cards from places like TD that gives you cash back, but be careful not to carry a balance, we recently got back $1500 because we put almost everything on it. I bought my Landrover for $900 25 years ago, putting about 4-5,000 into as a hobby, will likley get $12,000+ when i sell it.

So apparently Kevin Vuong is still serving. I didn't know that you can sit as an MP while being a member of the military.
Harjit Sajjan was elected while still serving.

Reservists are weird like that.

Unsheath the blades ....
A Conservative who sits on the party's national council says Erin O'Toole should undergo a leadership review by members following his election loss, marking the first open challenge to him staying in the role.

Bert Chen represents Ontario, but says he's speaking as a loyal member and there are a lot of others unhappy with the more moderate direction O'Toole has taken the party, which was opposite to how he ran in its leadership contest to win over party faithful.

“If the decision by Mr. O'Toole paid off in forming Conservative government, I would have been more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt had he been prime minister-designate,” Chen said.

“Considering that was not the case, I believe this needs to be done.” ...
Still only one voice out of 20 on the Team Blue National Council - for now.

The problem with all the policy planks that involve subsidies is that all the people who qualify get the same thing. All the extra money just lifts the bids (prices).

Buy land and find a floor plan from 1970 and build to it.
Too bad Eaton's wasn't still around:

Eatons%2BHouses%2BMuseum%2Bof%2BCivilization.jpg

Harjit Sajjan was elected while still serving.

Reservists are weird like that.
Shouldn't be, but it's s matter of enforcement of the rules it would seem as you shouldn't be an elected member of a political party, and a CAF member

From what I've been reading only 59% of the eligible electorate decided to leave their house and vote in this most recent election.
So if we use the nice and round number of 100 to represent all eligible voters in Canada, then only 59 of them voted.
Of those 59 people, 34% voted CPC, 33% the Libs, 18% for NDP, 8% for the BQ, 5% for the PPC and bringing up the rear 2% for the Greens.
This works out to be 20 people of the 59 voted for the CPC, 19 people for the Libs, 10 for the NDP, 5 for the BQ, 3 for the PPC and finally 1 lonely person for the Greens, the rest of the 59 represent the fringe voters (shout out to my old home city of Windsor, Ontario who still continues to field Marxist-Leninist candidates!)
When looking at this in its crude form, Trudeau has been elected based on the actions of 19 people out of 100 eligible voters and our current system of first past the post.
So when he says that the 'people have spoken', nah, just 19 with the loudest voices have spoken.

The concept of leaving friends, family, favourite bistro or club for a well-paying job in a new community is foreign to them.
Fortunately, when I graduated high school, there was still a Residency Requirement.

From what I've been reading only 59% of the eligible electorate decided to leave their house and vote in this most recent election ... Trudeau has been elected based on the actions of 19 people out of 100 eligible voters and our current system of first past the post ...
Repeat as required for almost all elections held under first past the post systems.

Perhaps we need to go the aussie route and make voting legally mandatory
Part of me loves the idea because it'll get more people out to vote (check out the almost 92% nat'l election turnout in 2019), but part of me worries that it won't necessarily mean more informed voters turning out. Also, if we live in a free democracy, it might be considered ... ironic that we wouldn't have the freedom NOT to vote ...

I'd love to hear from anyone who knows more about how the Aussie electoral system works in reality.

Go Navy!

Expelled Liberal candidate says he'll sit as an Independent as angry voters call for byelection​

Former Liberal candidate Kevin Vuong — who won his Toronto riding in a close-fought race — says he plans to sit as an Independent after the Liberals cut ties with him just days before the election over a sexual assault charge that was later dropped.

Vuong failed to disclose to the Liberal Party that he had been charged in 2019. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his party learned about the charge from a Toronto Star article during the final week of the election campaign and asked Vuong to pause his local campaign.

Trudeau dropped Vuong as a candidate two days before the election — too late to remove his name from the ballot. The party said Vuong would not be part of the Liberal caucus. He won his seat in a tight race, by a margin of 2,094 votes over the NDP candidate.

In a statement issued today, Vuong maintained his innocence and said he understands that "not everyone is happy with my election."

"For those who feel this way, I understand the source of your doubts and I will work hard to earn your trust," he wrote.

Far too much time is spent looking at the past when we need to look towards the future.
History, aka the past does offer a predictor of how people, organizations and countries behave though. The past causes the present and therefore impacts and influences the future. Looking at the past gives an understanding of why thing occurred and how they occurred. History may not repeat but it definitely rhymes.
Deeds not words. Deeds matter more than words, and the past can offer an evaluation of both and how they relate.

Back