• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The BBC sent 10 people to B.C. to travel around the province on public transit. It didn't go well

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
The definitive British horror show... trying to navigate great distances on public transit, and failing in a variety of ways.

On the upside: endless gossip over a nice cuppa ....

i have watched the entire episode of the bbc reality show where british people are dropped in vancouver and asked to get to haida gwaii as fast as possible without flying or having phones/computers to guide them and it is just as wonderful as i hoped

That’s awesome. It totally highlights how difficult it is to get around this country without a car or air service. If you’re a budget traveller, good luck getting around!

It’s probably easier to get around Paraguay.

BC Ferries is your friend

Tsawassen - Duke Point

Port Hardy - Rupert

Rupert - Skidegate

Duke Point to Hardy by bus.

Allow a week or so.

BC Ferries is your friend

Tsawassen - Duke Point

Port Hardy - Rupert

Rupert - Skidegate

Duke Point to Hardy by bus.

Allow a week or so.
That would be my route, too, but it sounds the like producers deliberately set things up to create drama by making some of the contestants go to Whistler, which is a dead end..

That would be my route, too, but it sounds the like producers deliberately set things up to create drama by making some of the contestants go to Whistler, which is a dead end..

Like the Irishman said: If I were going there I wouldn't start from here! ;)

You’re in BC, you need an EV. Good luck though.
Sorry. I am grumpy.

Given that I believe, from your posting history, that you are in Cold Lake, what actual real time hands on not just read it in a meme experience do you have with life in the lower mainland in the last 3 years?

Like I said. I am grumpy. But shots fired need to be checked.

Hmm. OK boomer is a thing, but not what I was getting at.

And kinda obvious. If not unexpected

You seem to have very firm opinions about a lot of things, which is of course, perfectly fine.

I guess I an just asking you to substantiate them? With facts?

Or not

I remember my first Maple Flag in Cold Lake ('02), and having a British transport crew mentioning they wanted to pop down to see Banff ont he weekend. When I told them it's an 8 hour drive each way they were a bit taken aback.

Europeans know in a academic way that Canada is huge, but it hits differently when it goes from academic to reality.

the end of the Greyhound bus really hurt rural Canada..........believe there have been some start ups to address this, but nothing wide spread.......

What are you on about now.
You said "You're in BC. You need an EV."

@PPCLI Guy said "...source?" (or "sauce" for the Reddit crowd)

EVs really only work in urban-ish environments right now, and most of BC isn't.

Also, it's not like all of BC is granola-crunching patchouli hippies, just like not all of AB are Texans-lite wanting to open carry and secede from Canada.

I remember my first Maple Flag in Cold Lake ('02), and having a British transport crew mentioning they wanted to pop down to see Banff ont he weekend. When I told them it's an 8 hour drive each way they were a bit taken aback.

Europeans know in a academic way that Canada is huge, but it hits differently when it goes from academic to reality.
I was on a C130 flight from Winnipeg to Resolute Bay, with some European Allies. Just before takeoff, the AC informed us that the CAOC retasked us to first go to Yellowknife to pick up some pallets, then to Resolute.

One of the Brits asked me where Yellowknife was. This was how I put it into context for him:

”imagine we are in Rome and we are flying to Northern Norway. But now, we have to go Iceland, first.…”

Back