• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Everyone in this country needs to have a solid look in the mirror as to how they vote. The fact that Trudeau is still PM, tells me it isn't happening.
Or are coming to different conclusions. People are funny like that.

Its AIMED at everyone. I talk about this to family, friends, current army guys, ex-army guys, clubs, etc. Everyone in this country needs to have a solid look in the mirror as to how they vote. The fact that Trudeau is still PM, tells me it isn't happening.

No matter what Trudeau does, his supporters think Trump runs the CPC and wants to take away abortions and public healthcare and replace them with guns. The Liberal platform is nothing but scaremongering about the CPC based on US Republican issues and it works. There are too many frightened people as a carry-over from the pandemic and they’re easy to manipulate with leftist values and more importantly, "no change because change is scary."

Then again I’m probably just being racist.

The CPC can continue to run campaigns and candidates that are not attractive and continue to lose and continue to bitch about it but its not going to change the result. The reality is the current Liberal government has likely reached its best before date and the CPC may be the beneficiary no thanks to its own efforts. Maybe the NDP pull the plug on this government but somehow i doubt it, so we could be looking at another 2 years of the current government

I don't believe for a second that all the election meddling resulted in a Nil Return. In fact if the parliamentary committee says 'X" I'd be more inclined to believe "Y". I'm guessing CSIS leaked this because the interference had tangible results and the beneficiary is happy to oblige.

There is only one way to restore the integrity here. There needs to be an investigation by a task force of CSIS, RCMP, and Prov/Muni investigators, overseen by a public body and none involved can be intimately connected to the LPC, like Rouleau or Rosenburg, followed by a full public report and prosecutions where warranted.

So long as this hangs over the nation unanswered the last two elections are and any future election is tainted.
Ask Stephen Harper to chair it and give him carte blanch to read what ever he needs. He has had the security clearance needed and can decide what should be kept from our eyes.

Not sure if this is the place for this post, so the Mods can move it if they desire. So, starting back on 16 Feb, Peter Mansbridge on his Thursday podcasts hosted the 'Random Ranter" who gave his views on our three Federal leaders. All-in-all I thought they were quite interesting and in some cases pretty accurate. His rants can be found below:

Pierre Poilievre: Starts at 16:40

Justin Trudeau: Starts at 22:40

Jagmeet Singh: Starts at 24:35

Enjoy 🍺

The reality is the current Liberal government has likely reached its best before date and the CPC may be the beneficiary no thanks to its own efforts.

I think too many voters in the Vancouver and the GTA are are afraid of China, intimidated by China, or have family at risk by pissing China off.

Or, they're buying into the propaganda on We chat, WhatsApp and other Chinese affiliated media.

The RCMP and government didn't appear to take the Chinese police stations allegedly intimidating Chinese Canadians very seriously.

"We showed a presence".

More RCMP officers have been charged this year than these so called Chinese police officers/station workers.

I think too many voters in the Vancouver and the GTA are are afraid of China, intimidated by China, or have family at risk by pissing China off.

Or, they're buying into the propaganda on We chat, WhatsApp and other Chinese affiliated media.

The RCMP and government didn't appear to take the Chinese police stations allegedly intimidating Chinese Canadians very seriously.

"We showed a presence".

More RCMP officers have been charged this year than these so called Chinese police officers/station workers.

It’s not clear to me what criminal law we have that would necessarily be applicable in the case of China allegedly running police substations on our soils. Obviously I think it’s completely unacceptable and we need to be rid of it, but I’m not actually sure if there’s any meaningful chargeable offense there at present. Very possible in this case that there is something and I just don’t know about it; it’s not something I’ve ever had to dig into. But none of the knowledgeable commentators I follow have had much to suggest either.

Another challenge would be whether the evidence Canada purportedly has would be admissible or usable in court. If it’s coming from CSIS or CSE, would they be willing to burn their sources and methods by letting that intelligence be relied on by a criminal investigation? Same dilemma potentially across to any unfriendly acts on our soil coming from foreign state actors.

I thought Criminal Harassment would fit.
(2) Prohibited conduct - The conduct mentioned in subsection (1) consists of
repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;
(a) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;
(b) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;
(c) besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or
anyone known to them, resides, works, c arries on a business or happens to be;
or
(d) engaging in threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of
their family

I thought Criminal Harassment would fit.
(2) Prohibited conduct - The conduct mentioned in subsection (1) consists of
repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;
(a) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;
(b) repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or
anyone known to them;
(c) besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or
anyone known to them, resides, works, c arries on a business or happens to be;
or
(d) engaging in threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of
their family

Potentially, yes, if an identifiable suspect’s conduct can be linked to a specific victim- some of the attempts to… ‘persuade’ Chinese nationals to return home might hit that threshold. Proving it could be tough, but it would be worth pursuing at least to deny them impunity.

The bigger picture of these things existing in Canada, and investigative actions potentially being taken on our soil? Probably way harder. I expect there would be ways to administratively boot people from the country, but going beyond that to charging offences might be a tall order.

It’s a combination of influence, propaganda and intimidation. Specialties of the United Front Work Department.

Potentially, yes, if an identifiable suspect’s conduct can be linked to a specific victim- some of the attempts to… ‘persuade’ Chinese nationals to return home might hit that threshold. Proving it could be tough, but it would be worth pursuing at least to deny them impunity.

The bigger picture of these things existing in Canada, and investigative actions potentially being taken on our soil? Probably way harder. I expect there would be ways to administratively boot people from the country, but going beyond that to charging offences might be a tall order.
I am perplexed why we’re not declaring a bunch of “diplomats” persona non grata and booting them out. If they send a bunch of ours home, oh well. And we don’t have to accept any “replacements” despite other commentary I have read or heard. Any other countries would have started punting so-called “diplomats” out of their countries long ago.

Why does the PRC have more diplomats in Canada than the US, UK and Japan combined?

Doesn't this just nail Trudeau's SOPs.

GUNTER: Trudeau up to old tricks on China interference file

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s reaction to news reports that China’s Communist regime has meddled in the last three Canadian elections (2019 and 2021, in particular) reminds me of his reaction to reports that he bullied former Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould during the SNC-Lavalin scandal.

At first he said it didn’t happen. Then he blamed the media for misreporting the “facts.” He moved from those deflections to claiming the wrongdoing hadn’t actually caused any harm. And finally, he tried to pin the whole controversy on the one person who’d acted nobly – Wilson-Raybould.

This time he’s following a similar pattern.

At first he denied the Chinese have engaged in any election interference. Then he insisted he’d never been briefed by the Canadian Security and Intelligence Services about their concerns. He moved from there to insisting the reporters who’d uncovered classified documents outlining the Communists’ efforts had made several mistakes.

He also insisted that if there had, indeed, been meddling, it had not affected the outcome of any of the elections, so why the fuss?

Gets accused.

1. It didn't happen.
2. I didn't know about it.
3. Facts are being misconstrued.
4. Its not even a big deal.
5. I've decided we're moving on.

Maybe my prediction a few months ago that he won’t run may in fact still be a possibility…

Doesn't this just nail Trudeau's SOPs.

GUNTER: Trudeau up to old tricks on China interference file

Gets accused.

1. It didn't happen.
2. I didn't know about it.
3. Facts are being misconstrued.
*3.A He remembers it differently.
4. Its not even a big deal.
5. I've decided we're moving on.

Maybe my prediction a few months ago that he won’t run may in fact still be a possibility…

Perhaps, but its more of a stumble than a prediction. JT has also, up to know, been very open that he intends to run again.

Well if they start waving the noose, thats a hint...

Back