• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Edmonton Soldier Charged With Arson/Attempted Murder- 2019

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
FYI In today's news,

September 18, 2019
Global News

Edmonton soldier charged with arson, attempted murder of her 3 children
https://globalnews.ca/news/5912070/edmonton-military-mother-attempted-murder-children/
An Edmonton mother and corporal at CFB Edmonton has been charged with the attempted murder of her three children, by setting fire to her home while they slept inside.

"•In all cases, the subject of charges is presumed innocent until proven guilty."

Found guilty, sentencing in two week.

Found guilty, sentencing in two week.

God damn. The damage that must have been done to those poor kids…

When parents fight, the most damage is done to the kids.

No kidding…

Imagine the genuine confusion of waking up to a house on fire, and running around panicking & terrified as you try to find your siblings and your mother. And then not being able to find your mother, when she should be in bed.

Then finding out later that your mom is the one who lit the house on fire while you slept because she was trying to kill you.

Geepers f**k… poor kids 😔

How the______ is she on house arrest, this system is so broken. Sad for her Children and family to go through all this.

How the______ is she on house arrest, this system is so broken. Sad for her Children and family to go through all this.
Because she hasn’t been sentenced yet, and has been showing up to court. Whether the clock starts now or in two weeks, what’s the difference? Hell, remand custody usually results in a multiple time credit, so by all means leave her on house arrest til her time in custody counts a day for a day.

Because she hasn’t been sentenced yet, and has been showing up to court. Whether the clock starts now or in two weeks, what’s the difference? Hell, remand custody usually results in a multiple time credit, so by all means leave her on house arrest til her time in custody counts a day for a day.
Disagree, she is found guilty she should be in jail waiting sentencing.

This,...if she was a pro, she'd be doing as much 'dead time' as possible and getting 2 or 3 for 1 credit.

Duly noted. I’m sure the trial judge has his or her head pretty well wrapped around the law on this one.
More then likely she will get a psych eval and never see a day in jail, claim PTSD caused her to do this. .

More then likely she will get a psych eval and never see a day in jail, claim PTSD caused her to do this. .
On attempt murder of several kids? I doubt that. I’m quite sure that psychological issues are absolutely a factor, but I don’t see that getting her off the hook at sentencing.

The one caveat I’ll offer is I don’t know how much if any time she spent in remand pre-trial, and what sort of pre-trial sentence credit, if any, she may receive.

Hopefully we get a written sentencing decision for this case.

She’s been found guilty. The defense as far as I know didn’t put forth a Not Criminally Responsible defense.
You really don’t know how the system works.
If you look up her history online you will see three custody cases where she is involved in. If you read through those they give you a idea of what the back story is. There might very well be some mitigating factors on her sentence. Time will tell.
But not many people are found guilty of three counts of attempted murder and two counts of arson and are not in jail. So I would have to guess there are mitigating factors in her case.

i have always hoped and thought if any of my friends with children and the notion is there that it better to kill them than to let them live, that the friend reaches out to me and I will come get the kids.

as a dad I cannot never imagine being so mad at the kids mom that I figure the best thing to do is to kill them. if that time comes I hope some one will send me packing. it is never better to have dead children.

I live for my kids and I live thru them.

She’s been found guilty. The defense as far as I know didn’t put forth a Not Criminally Responsible defense.
You really don’t know how the system works.
To be fair there is not much faith in the system anymore and that is going to go further downhill when they start confiscating firearms from law abiding gun owners.

To be fair there is not much faith in the system anymore and that is going to go further downhill when they start confiscating firearms from law abiding gun owners.
I’m thinking and hoping that idea is shelved indefinitely after the election…

Quite a few provinces have elected to ignore it, and have come out with their own legislation instead. I hope the provinces that haven’t done so end up changing their minds.

But agreed…not much faith in the system. It’s turned into a legal system, not a Justice system, to the point where a ‘fair justice outcome’ is a rarity rather than the norm

Back