• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CERB issues at CRA. Federal Employees fired.

49 employees is no small number…

I Like It GIF

I might be wrong but to me the article reads that the CRA didn't disclose how many of their workers stole CERB money. The 49 people here are from a seperate organization?

Fuck those guys. I get a letter from these assholes every month demanding their $2000 back that I repaid well over a year gear. Fuck 'em all.

Ok but my wife is nurse. She applied because they all did the first week. Nurses in breakroom are a different sort. LOL. She told me after she did. They didnt really understand the whole program. Got the money but we just paid it back. People make mistakes.

Ok but my wife is nurse. She applied because they all did the first week. Nurses in breakroom are a different sort. LOL. She told me after she did. They didnt really understand the whole program. Got the money but we just paid it back. People make mistakes.
Uh-huh. Didn’t understand the program…

I never saw any ambiguity about the basic criteria for CERB . It was clearly explained that it was for people who were out of work because of COVID shutting their jobs down. I know the education it takes to be a nurse; I just don't buy for a second that a room full of nurses didn't know what they were choosing to do wasn't a legit use of the benefit. Sounds more like a bunch of people suborning themselves to a crowd mentality and following through with a bad idea because others were too.

Especially when nurses were one of the trades that could make as much money as they wished during covid. It worked that way for me also, I could have done 16 hours anyday,everyday had I wished....

I never saw any ambiguity about the basic criteria for CERB . It was clearly explained that it was for people who were out of work because of COVID shutting their jobs down. I know the education it takes to be a nurse; I just don't buy for a second that a room full of nurses didn't know what they were choosing to do wasn't a legit use of the benefit. Sounds more like a bunch of people suborning themselves to a crowd mentality and following through with a bad idea because others were too.
I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Tough room. Lol

But your right....I never said that....don't tell.

Paid back with the interest.

I did tell her that day when she got back from work.....but you try it on nurse ratchet.....

Technically nurses were largely unemployed during Covid with the hospitals being empty…

⚔️

Reactions: QV
I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Tough room. Lol

But your right....I never said that....don't tell.

Paid back with the interest.

I did tell her that day when she got back from work.....but you try it on nurse ratchet.....
I hear you man. Glad she straightened it out.

Especially when nurses were one of the trades that could make as much money as they wished during covid. It worked that way for me also, I could have done 16 hours anyday,everyday had I wished....
Ok ok.....her one friend did 190,000.00 last year.

Shit remind me not to TMI on this board.

I fixed it.

But on a deeper level this why I hate government programs.

$4.6 billion worth of mistakes with another $24 billion or so possible mistakes.

Maybe we should not have even had a program in the firstt place. And not lockdown at all. Because looking back that would have been the better plan. This whole three years was stupid on steroids.

More! More! ;)

CRA fires 120 employees for applying for CERB while working for tax authority​

The Canada Revenue Agency has fired 120 of its employees for illegally claiming the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) while working for the tax authority.

That means that the number of CRA employees fired for claiming the emergency COVID-19 benefit has sextupled since June 30, when the agency first announced its review into 600 of its workers it suspected of “inappropriately” claimed CERB. At that time, 20 employees had been fired.

“Out of the approximately 600 cases we can report that 120 individuals are no longer with the CRA as a result of this internal review. The investigations and disciplinary processes continue,” CRA spokesperson Nina Ioussoupova said in a statement.

More! More! ;)

CRA fires 120 employees for applying for CERB while working for tax authority​

The Canada Revenue Agency has fired 120 of its employees for illegally claiming the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) while working for the tax authority.

That means that the number of CRA employees fired for claiming the emergency COVID-19 benefit has sextupled since June 30, when the agency first announced its review into 600 of its workers it suspected of “inappropriately” claimed CERB. At that time, 20 employees had been fired.

“Out of the approximately 600 cases we can report that 120 individuals are no longer with the CRA as a result of this internal review. The investigations and disciplinary processes continue,” CRA spokesperson Nina Ioussoupova said in a statement.

And the head of CRA should have been very publicly fired as well. Refusing to recover $15 Billion in fraudulent payments and overpayments shows the disdain this government has for its citizens.

Back