• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

More shocking still are the 19 percent who are fence sitting in the face of his incompetence, arrogance, and perceived disdain for the majority of Canadians.
Likely die hard liberals that are holding out for a miracle. If he loses, they'll be like

Attachments

• 10242017_beltway-screams8201_c73-0-877-469_s885x516.jpg
    10242017_beltway-screams8201_c73-0-877-469_s885x516.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1
A fair chunk of that 31% is the dyed in the wool Liberals. Stalin could be running and they'd vote LPC rather than CPC, the CPC might privatize healthcare or ban abortions don't ya know...
Singh is really trying to play up the privatization thing. We've had privatization for a long time already. Doctors are private contractors paid by OHIP. Ear, nose and throat clinics are private and paid by OHIP. X-Ray, MRI and other imaging clinics are private, paid for by OHIP. Your blood tests, etc are taken by private clinics, paid for by OHIP. Fracture clinics are covered by OHIP. Hell, where I'm at, the system will send you to Detroit for procedures, paid for by OHIP. As long as clinics stay within OHIP cost schedules, and don't cost the patient, who cares where you get treated. It keeps all those people out of the hospitals, taking up room and resources.

Singh is worried that employees of public enterprises will be head-hunted by private enterprises. That is effectively an admission that public employees are underpaid relative to what prevailing free market compensation would be. So what costs is he going to lean on Trudeau to cut in order to free up money for transfers to resolve that problem?

East of the Rockies Canadians have tied our identity to Hockey and our Universal Healthcare system (or the myth of that).

Any core change to either one of those if going to cause some real vibrations and howls.

There, FTFY ;)

You really think that the attitude west of the Rockies is any different? The island is painted orange and green.

Here's their sign... :)

In God We Trust Communism GIF by Adventure Communist

A fair chunk of that 31% is the dyed in the wool Liberals. Stalin could be running and they'd vote LPC rather than CPC, the CPC might privatize healthcare or ban abortions don't ya know...
Yes, and a fair chunk of the CPC and NDP supporters are equally as ardent and wouldn't vote for anyone else no matter what.
More shocking still are the 19 percent who are fence sitting in the face of his incompetence, arrogance, and perceived disdain for the majority of Canadians.

Then you really don't understand politics and individual priorities.

If the most important thing in your life right now is X, and it's FAR more important than anything else right now, and only one party is proposing to provide you with X, then that's your party, regardless of how incompetent or arrogant that party is.

And this is not an unreasonable stance to have. You don't get to tell other's what their priorities are.

I'm sorry the Liberals are costing you an incapacitating extra 3 cent/liter at the pump with their Carbon tax, but they are saving me $600-$900 a month in child care bills. If the CPC is willing to go on record and promise to keep that program in place, I will consider voting CPC, but right now I'm voting with my wallet; times are lean.

(Edit: I'm still not voting LPC, btw)

Then you really don't understand politics and individual priorities.

If the most important thing in your life right now is X, and it's FAR more important than anything else right now, and only one party is proposing to provide you with X, then that's your party, regardless of how incompetent or arrogant that party is.

And this is not an unreasonable stance to have. You don't get to tell other's what their priorities are.

I'm sorry the Liberals are costing you an incapacitating extra 3 cent/liter at the pump with their Carbon tax, but they are saving me $600-$900 a month in child care bills. If the CPC is willing to go on record and promise to keep that program in place, I will consider voting CPC, but right now I'm voting with my wallet; times are lean.

(Edit: I'm still not voting LPC, btw)
I think you may have to re-read my comment.

The LPC has made a lot of solid moves that have benefited all Canadians. I do not refute that. I also couldn't be arsed about Carbon Tax costing me extra on gasoline as I have cut back significantly on driving. I agree wholeheartedly that National 10 dollar daycare is a godsend.

My remarks were targeted at PMJT. If he were the Leader of any party, I would still view him as insufferable, condescending, and incompetent. I understand that it's the party and the platform you vote for, not the leader.

That said, I can still question why a section of society; in the face of scandal after scandal, still is on the fence about if he's doing a good job as the Head of Government.

I think you may have to re-read my comment.

The LPC has made a lot of solid moves that have benefited all Canadians. I do not refute that. I also couldn't be arsed about Carbon Tax costing me extra on gasoline as I have cut back significantly on driving. I agree wholeheartedly that National 10 dollar daycare is a godsend.

My remarks were targeted at PMJT. If he were the Leader of any party, I would still view him as insufferable, condescending, and incompetent. I understand that it's the party and the platform you vote for, not the leader.

That said, I can still question why a section of society; in the face of scandal after scandal, still is on the fence about if he's doing a good job as the Head of Government.
Yea, my bad, I thought you meant "fence sitting" as in who's party to vote for, not as in "is Trudeau a good leader or not". In THAT respect, I too am surprised at the numbers, though would could argue that you could have a "positive" opinion of him if he's still achieving for you the things you want, and vice versa. I had a positive opinion of Harper on most things (his personality, his leadership, his ability to govern, many of his policies) but my negative opinion of him overall came from just a single aspect; his attempt to control very aspect of the narrative.

Yea, my bad, I thought you meant "fence sitting" as in who's party to vote for, not as in "is Trudeau a good leader or not". In THAT respect, I too am surprised at the numbers, though would could argue that you could have a "positive" opinion of him if he's still achieving for you the things you want, and vice versa. I had a positive opinion of Harper on most things (his personality, his leadership, his ability to govern, many of his policies) but my negative opinion of him overall came from just a single aspect; his attempt to control very aspect of the narrative.
That bastard! thank god he's gone.

Funny you mention that, a radio host in Halifax mentioned yesterday that this LPC government has been almost impossible to get cabinet ministers and MPs to appear on his show. Which was the exact opposite of his experience with the last CPC government. And Todd Veinotte is a center, left of center dude. Love his show BTW. Highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Funny you mention that talk, a radio host in Halifax mentioned yesterday that this LPC government has been almost impossible to get cabinet ministers and MPs to appear on his show. Which was the exact opposite of his experience with the last CPC government. And Todd Veinotte is a center, left of center dude. Love his show BTW. Highly recommend it.
I listen to Todd's show (the replay) every day after work (for as long as I'm in the car). I've even called in/written him a few times.

It's funny, back when both Rick Howe and Todd were on the air, I used to say that Rick was an asshole who I agreed with, and Todd was a reasonable guy that I disagreed with. Now, I agree far more with Todd (I think his stance on a few things has changed/mellowed).

Anyways, that certainly could be true; since having kids, I pay a lot less attention to the day to day of Canadian politics, especially when US politics is front and center and far more terrifying.

Canadian politics, especially when US politics is front and center and far more terrifying
The Toronto-centric media's obsession with everything US is bloody sickening. They now seem to give never-ending coverage to every shooting in the US. Like WTF for? If a person wants to obsess over everything US then there are more than enough US networks on our cable packages to fill their boots or better yet, move down there FFS.

More Canadian content please, even if its boring.

Back