• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

So in descending order best to worst, which president of the last four did the best for America from your standpoint?

Is President Joe Biden the best president in history — or the worst? Turns out, it's neither. According to the latest available survey of presidential historians, he's somewhere in between.

But who is the worst, and who is the best? And where would other recent presidents, such as Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and George W. Bush rank on such a list? Here are the results of a sweeping survey of historians, political scientists and presidential scholars maintained by Siena College Research Institute. Since 1982, SCRI has ranked presidents across 20 categories, ranging from integrity to executive ability.
This is the first time that Biden has appeared on such a survey.

Top Five: FDR, Lincoln, Washington, Teddy Roosevelt & Jefferson

Worst Five Again – Andrew Johnson, Buchanan, Trump, Harding & Pierce

Biden Enters Ranking 19th, LBJ Moves into Top Ten, Obama 11th, Ike firmly 6th, Ronald Reagan rated 18th Best President

So in descending order best to worst, which president of the last four did the best for America from your standpoint?
For me personally
Bush

Large gap

Biden
Trump
Obama

Honestly, if Trump hadn’t been so erratic in foreign policy he’d have rated higher. If Obama hadn’t been so secretive and not created some exceptionally questionable policies for JSOC and the INT Communities to operate both domestically and externally with little oversight, I’d rate him higher - the fact Biden and Trump didn’t nothing to curb those also dropped them.

We have constitutional protections from the use of the military domestically, and making a new entity to slide certain SOF personnel into it to get around certain aspects doesn’t sit well with me.

I’m a big fan of dealing with threats, I don’t see a need to skirt the law to do it.

Obama
Bush
Large gap
Trump/Biden

Basically the only thing of real value I think Biden has done is beat Trump. Every other policy seems like just paying lip service to real issues... Actually I might put Biden one notch above Trump for his support to Ukraine. Even then though, did any of you watch his public announcement on the Abrams? He looked like such an empty shell that I think if the teleprompter shut off, he'd forget where he was and start asking where is glasses went.

Obama
Bush
Large gap
Trump/Biden

Basically the only thing of real value I think Biden has done is beat Trump. Every other policy seems like just paying lip service to real issues... Actually I might put Biden one notch above Trump for his support to Ukraine. Even then though, did any of you watch his public announcement on the Abrams? He looked like such an empty shell that I think if the teleprompter shut off, he'd forget where he was and start asking where is glasses went.
He needs to not run again.

I wasn’t impressed by his flippant remark about the documents found in his garage. I’m sure there are plans to have a few other people run.

I think she would be a unifying force for good! A bright light in dim room if you will.
I know you are being sarcastic in that regard. But The danger of that is that if Trump doesn’t get the nomination and runs as an independent and splits the vote on the right. Then you’ll get your wish.

I know you are being sarcastic in that regard. But The danger of that is that if Trump doesn’t get the nomination and runs as an independent and splits the vote on the right. Then you’ll get your wish.

Gah, you zany kid; you figured me out ;)

I'm also hoping for JT. Eventually these folks will dig a hole deep enough we will never see them or their partys again. Or at least I can hope.

Gah, you zany kid; you figured me out ;)

I'm also hoping for JT. Eventually these folks will dig a hole deep enough we will never see them or their partys again. Or at least I can hope.
I know it’s wishful thinking on my part, but just once I’d like to be undecided on who to vote for because of how good the candidates are as opposed to how bad and having to pick the lesser of two evils.

If only we had automatic primaries instead of requiring the leadership to voluntarily step down.

I would be happy if caucus picked party leaders. More smoke-filled rooms within parties, less outside.
Ah, if only the Westminster Parliamentary system in Canada was used functionally instead of being perverted to support a ruling method well beyond the intend of a party leader leading government as a first of equals… 😔

The problem with politics is that the other side doesn't understand that it has to tolerate my side flexing a little extra concentrated power now and again for the good of the country.

Ah, if only the Westminster Parliamentary system in Canada was used functionally instead of being perverted to support a ruling method well beyond the intend of a party leader leading government as a first of equals… 😔
Uh, that actually sounds exactly like the Westminster Parliamentary system. As long as they have the party support they are untouchable, but when they lose it the downfall can be comically fast.

No. At least IMO.

The Westminster Parliamentary system does not place emphasis on the PM unilaterally running the business of the Government with an unelected clic of friends and confidants, reinforced by a PM that does not run a Cabinet through consensus, as is the history of the system, but through coercion and pressure. Of course it is clear that others act as enables, key of them acting outwardly to portray an image along partisan supportive lines, whilst their true essence is anything but that as portrayed as supportive partisan leadership.

Anyway, there are clearly those who believe Canadians live in parliamentary bliss, those who believe we don’t, and those who fall somewhere in between

No. At least IMO.

The Westminster Parliamentary system does not place emphasis on the PM unilaterally running the business of the Government with an unelected clic of friends and confidants, reinforced by a PM that does not run a Cabinet through consensus, as is the history of the system, but through coercion and pressure. Of course it is clear that others act as enables, key of them acting outwardly to portray an image along partisan supportive lines, whilst their true essence is anything but that as portrayed as supportive partisan leadership.

Anyway, there are clearly those who believe Canadians live in parliamentary bliss, those who believe we don’t, and those who fall somewhere in between
G2G you are hitting the problem in Canada right on the head there.

We have broken some of the checks and balances of the Westminster system in Canada

The all powerful PMO

Back