• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

10 killed in shooting near Los Angeles after Lunar New Year festival

Magazine fed semi-automatic assault pistol. Clearly much more dangerous than those standard magazine fed semi-automatic pistols.

Other than the reporter sensationalism, unfortunate incident, RIP to the victims.

What the hell is an assault pistol? What media genius thought this up?

RIP to the victims
In the media’s defence, it seems that that term is defined in some states and shooting circles.

Just google the term and you can see why some would use it. Including firearms sellers and dealers.

California has some of the toughest gun laws in the US.

Figuring out what causes this and working on that will work to fix this.

California should look North, where illegal handgun use isn’t an issue thanks to the coherent, principled stand the current federal government has taken on handguns…

In the media’s defence, it seems that that term is defined in some states and shooting circles.

Just google the term and you can see why some would use it. Including firearms sellers and dealers.
If we call them self protection pistols, do you think the government will let us keep the guns we don't have? 🥺🙏

In serious though, Rest In Peace to the victims. It almost sounds like an everyday saying sometimes, we read about these things so often now.

In serious though, Rest In Peace to the victims. It almost sounds like an everyday saying sometimes, we read about these things so often now.

CTV news mentions there have been 33 mass shootings so far in 2023. So RIP 1.4 times per day since the start of the new year.

CTV news mentions there have been 33 mass shootings so far in 2023. So RIP 1.4 times per day since the start of the new year.

Evil and evil doers exist. And until we tackle the root causes of it (using socio-economic investment both monetary and sweat) it wont change and will probably only get worse.

For the weekend a website is reporting 34 people hurt, 11 killed in 3 events on Sunday, and plus this event Saturday.
For the month they are reporting 117 wounded, 43 killed at mass shooting events.

Chicago PD are reporting 30 people shot, 6 dead over the weekend.
I was thinking the TV Show Chicago PD and the gun usage was just Hollywood but guess not.

Evil and evil doers exist. And until we tackle the root causes of it (using socio-economic investment both monetary and sweat) it wont change and will probably only get worse.
Lots of rich people in jail for violent crimes ........socio-economic is just another phrase to make excuses for assholish behavior.

Lots of rich people in jail for violent crimes ........socio-economic is just another phrase to make excuses for assholish behavior.

Youre not wrong. But I think I can safely say the bulk of crime and violent crime comes from more impoverished demographics.

But you're right, evil is not contained there.

Mass shootings among thugs don't trouble me.

I doubt the public gets too outraged over one gang of recidivists playing tit for tat with each other.

As long as it is "contained" amongst themselves.

Mass shootings among thugs don't trouble me. Mass shootings by people temporarily or permanently unhinged do trouble me. They aren't equivalent and ought not be measured together. Misunderstood problems can't be fixed except by fortuitous accident.
The issue with your first is that eventually one of the thugs will hit an innocent or they will target the wrong person. The Rock Machine and HA were given a free pass until a young person was killed as "Collateral damage".
This is the second mass killing in a few weeks by someone in their senior years. I will bet that the senior involved in this one had a history of not getting along well with others.

I believe California has the strictest gun control in the US but also the highest number of mass shootings.

I don't know where it ranks on the scorecard, but California's population should be factored into the per capita state murder calculation.

First place may, or may not, go to Louisiana.

With over 39 million people (according to July 2021 estimates), California is the nation’s most populous state—its population is much larger than that of second-place Texas (29 million) and third-place Florida (22 million).

The issue with your first is that eventually one of the thugs will hit an innocent or they will target the wrong person. The Rock Machine and HA were given a free pass until a young person was killed as "Collateral damage".
Agreed, but the problems are different and require different solutions. Mental health care, for example, is not going to fix gang warfare. Fixing gang warfare is not going to fix mental health care.

Agreed, but the problems are different and require different solutions. Mental health care, for example, is not going to fix gang warfare.

That's not true at all. The communities that are producing these thugs require massive amounts help, much (most) of it in the form of mental health resources.

Fixing gang warfare is not going to fix mental health care.

What are you talking about ?

Back