• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"B.C. Mountie's anti-Trudeau website raises concerns about discriminatory views within the RCMP" (split from White nationalism/CF thread)

Strong peepee slap, probably lose a few days pay and maybe a transfer to somewhere he’ll be buried for a while.

They say social media can be a career killer.

We used to be limited to drunken fishing boat talk in the hot sun. :)

They say social media can be a career killer.
I have heard of a few in my agency who have been sacked for posting recreational activity photos when they were supposed to be on sick leave. Theft of time is one of the easiest ways to get sacked anywhere.

Others have received discipline for cottage/beach/touring photos posted when they were supposed to be working from home and contactable/subject to recall during the COVID closures.

Our Code of Conduct contains a section outlining what you can/cannot do on social media, and on off duty conduct. In short "don't embarrass the family".

In short "don't embarrass the family".

Ours would tolerate almost anything. After probation.

As long as you did not become a public disgrace, and never, EVER, admit the department did anything wrong.

That we have allowed the lowering of standards expected of our politicians to an abysmal level of accountability and behavior, should not be used as a reason to lower the standard expected of our professional public service folk.
Hopefully Trudeau’s additional $21B annual spending in federal public service wages/salary from $39B/yr to $60B/yr since he took power will raise the public service not only from 340k employees to 410k will include accountability and conduct training? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hopefully Trudeau’s additional $21B annual spending in federal public service wages/salary from $39B/yr to $60B/yr since he took power will raise the public service not only from 340k employees to 410k will include accountability and conduct training? 🤷🏻‍♂️
The more people working for the public service, the more people there are to blame when things don't go well...

I'm thinking bloating the public service even further will have the opposite affect of accountability.

EDIT - we've already seen wait times for services increase dramatically while this bloat has been swelling, and a work force that is actually arguing about needing to go to work 2-3 days a week. I mean what the actual f...

If someone is dying of heart failure because their arteries are clogged from bad eating habits, we don't encourage that person to eat even more crappy food.

(I'm convinced more & more that Trudeau has been trying to bankrupt the country's purse, bankrupt individual families, and destroy the country from within - and this is one mechanism of that plan)

Last edited:
Damning with faint praise?
Nah, he’s told us he works Surrey. Very busy spot, some tough urban policing, and tons of stuff going on. Plus all the fun inherent in working in B.C. Lots of case law is inevitable. Not just the bad of course. Some solid cop work gets done there.

That's just my personal opinion, regarding how tolerant they were when I hired on, compared to when I retired.

A complaint to the dept. from the mayor regarding an employee would certainly be taken seriously. As it is in the original post.

But, to get kicked out, you almost had to put your mind to it.

Involuntary / voluntary "occupational transfer" to a job classification that did not involve direct customer service, especially in people's homes, was more common.

There's over 41,000 employees.
Not including the City’s Agencies, Boards or Commissions (TTC, Police, Library, Association of Community Centres, etc.) Accountability Offices, or elected officials.

So, it wasn't hard to make people disappear, without firing them.

good point. appears if you have an anti cop viewpoint and a masters degree, you become an expert.
The media are notorious for that. Finding an “expert” at a university who isn’t an expert. They’re a professor- not an expert. Actual Expert opinions are in depth and not usually very interesting.

But some guy from UBC with soft hands has lots of good ideas about how things should be done. Having never done nothing and having never seen anything.

Not sure if you were tracking, but those numbers included the military members. I'm sure someone years ago got promoted by cutting our SWE to 'remove' SWE against vacancies and call it a savings.

I'm not sure if it's accrural accounting rules or peculiar to the government, but if I knew I needed 10 people, and only had 6, I wouldn't consider those 4 empty positions as 'savings', and be more focused on what I couldn't do if I had those 4 people (less OT, have more work coming in so overall more profits etc.)

So some of that spending increase would actually just be a result of filling empty jobs that are limiting what we can do, vice 'new' spending. Because they want us to do more than before, while creating extra hoops to jump through to get the same effect, we need to actually grow some areas beyond just the vacancies.

If you want to keep driving an old AMC though you should be prepared for extra visits to the mechanics, wreckers and part stores though.

Especially if it's in Criminology.
yes definitely, honed by zero experience in corrections, parole or policing. 2 or 3 more years post BA is the barrier to expert-ness. makes sometimes me wish id stay in school. but bah. i wanted to do something as opposed to read about it.......silly me.

That seems like a really minor criticism and done from a personal account. As a manager I would have shrugged my shoulders and said "Freedom of speech".
id agree if the source was an experienced, trained and learned scholar. these people are never anything but the last. its like a ph d explaining army tactics to a soldier. unless you ve been there and done that and studied that, my belief is listen.

Back