• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals

:)

319130722_535949291585862_1952490709881003820_n.jpg

Haters gonna hate! Harry did the business and isn't a little bitch like so many upper crust trust fund twits today. (Stares at Sussex Drive)

We could use a few more Harry Wales in the halls of power these days IMO.
I have had respect for what Harry did and understand that growing up without a Mom and in a rather dysfunctional family will cause issues. But I think he is eroding his own standing by his actions. It's one thing to support the wife vs the family, but he should have held the high ground, rather than get into a gutter fight. I suspect the wife is able to manipulate him and pull his strings.

There is a difference between power, class, wealth, and influence; Something a lot of folks in North America don't understand.

There are times when all run side by side in harmony. I would say HRH the Prince of Wales and Her Late Majesty are prime examples of the full hand.

HRH the Princess of Wales, while she didn't come from the nobility, definitely has carved a path for herself in which to build wealth, credibility, class, and influence. A Canadian example would be former GG David Johnston or Gen (Ret'd) Hillier.

Harry had all but power (by nature of his place in the Line of Succession). Despite him being a bit of a douche when he was a teeenager/young man; he was a likeable bloke, served honorably as a soldier in war time, did amazing things with the Invictus Games, and had started carving out a nice little niche role within the firm.

Until....

Meghan.

Having grown up around the entertainment industry, most entertainers are not what I would describe as... well... selfless. They put on a good show in the public eye, but most of them are self-centered, petty, and will do what needs d9ne to get ahead. They crave attention and will do whatever is needed to get it. That's because attention is what gets them the next role and the next pay cheque.

The Royal Family has MASSIVE media pull by nature of their position within the world and society. If a the world's a stage, that would be front and centre for someone looking for attention. That attention was overwhelming to Diana, Fergie, insert Royal name here; but Meghan seems to eat it up. That farce of a wedding at Windsor was proof enough.

I have no gripes about her nationality nor her ethnicity, but she just wasn't seeing the role for what it was: one of public service with priveliges. She made it clear who she in it for, and I think Harry was a close second.

So here we are. They've stepped down, but they both are craving all 4: power, influence, wealth, and class. The Firm has made it abundantly clear that they're not playing their game of trying to have their cake and eat it too. So what else pays the bills?

Entertainment...

I'm not interested in watching and I honestly don't think many others are either...

I'm not interested in watching and I honestly don't think many others are either...
Actually, quite a few people are, me included.

This affair is one of the Royal Family's making in the way it controls the media, or perhaps more accurately, is in bed with the media and has for some time been throwing first Meghan and then Harry under the bus in order to prop up their favourites.

The Brit media is an entertainment industry that makes gobs of money through a system of phoney outrage.

Watch the series. It's very well done. Who knows. You might even change your views.

🍻

Watch the series. It's very well done. Who knows. You might even change your views.

🍻

Since my "views" are I don't really give a flying frig about people I don't know (tragedy excluded) I doubt that very much....😘

Since my "views" are I don't really give a flying frig about people I don't know (tragedy excluded) I doubt that very much....😘
Methinks you might be clouded by an antipathy for all things Royal. Either that or you've never watched something like the Band of Brothers, Apollo 13 or a documentary on the Franklin expedition.

Methinks you might be clouded by an antipathy for all things Royal. Either that or you've never watched something like the Band of Brothers, Apollo 13 or a documentary on the Franklin expedition.
You are correct with "never", and you can add anything Star Wars, Terminator, James Bond, etc etc etc...

No Apple, Disney, Paramount, Netflix, ...life is too short for movies and/or TV.
Except for both Bon Cop Bad Cop movies and the Blues Brothers.....now that's entertainment.

Everything I know on the scandal I have learned from viewing the front pages of the magazines at the grocery checkouts. Harry is a Hollywood star and Megan is actually an alien controlling Harry with a sex ray, right? So hard to keep the headlines straight as they get recycled every week.
For all the attention we pay to a family squabble there are far bigger fish to fry than this.

How about treating homelessness or mental illness with the same vigor we watch the Royals or the Kardashians?

For all the attention we pay to a family squabble there are far bigger fish to fry than this.

How about treating homelessness or mental illness with the same vigor we watch the Royals or the Kardashians?
Watching the Royals and Kardashians takes virtually no effort or treasure at all. A simple solution for simple souls.

:giggle:

Starkey is brilliant...

Harry is DESTROYING HIMSELF says historian Dr David Starkey​

The mouthpieces of the British establishment are losing their shit as an insider spills the beans of how the UK press play nice with their chosen ones - like the adulterous harridan who leaked for decades to the press to attack the woman who had the temerity to marry the man she thought of as her own.

Back