• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ancient Apocalypse (Netflix)

Not too dissimilar from the Aztecs who went from Nomads to empire in only a few centuries. Humans despite their flaws are an amazing species.
I think the Aztecs had help from the Teotihuacan, Toltecs, and Olmecs. Believe some preceded the Aztecs by 2500 years.

Last edited:
I suspect the bursts of creative and industrial output correspond to periods of peace and secure/improved food sources supporting larger concentrations of population. Might correlate well with warmer periods.

Hancock's theory that an advanced ancient civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event resulting in a giant reset is quite interesting and entirely possible from my standpoint.
I don't think it is either impossible nor implausible. I think there is ample evidence of bottlenecks and resets in the record.

The only extraordinary claim that I would require show extraordinary proof would be that of extraterrestrial intelligence.

But the occasional cataclysm... I accept that as the norm, alongside the steady wear.

It seems every 500 years or so, an individual is born that grabs humankind by the scruff of the neck and drags it forward. Imhotep, Daedalus, Archimedes, Ptolemy, Da Vinci, Galileo, Einstein, etc. Odd how they seem to show up just as we begin to stagnate.

It seems every 500 years or so, an individual is born that grabs humankind by the scruff of the neck and drags it forward. Imhotep, Daedalus, Archimedes, Ptolemy, Da Vinci, Galileo, Einstein, etc. Odd how they seem to show up just as we begin to stagnate.
I know people can look at a peanut butter sandwich and extrapolate grandiose mathematical equations or white supremacy plans from it, but the examples of all these civilizations with different apocalypse/salvation stories are pretty neat. Same with the snake symbolism everywhere.

I know people can look at a peanut butter sandwich and extrapolate grandiose mathematical equations or white supremacy plans from it, but the examples of all these civilizations with different apocalypse/salvation stories are pretty neat. Same with the snake symbolism everywhere.
Snakes are cool.

Just sayin…

Been to the Red Lion, didn't see anyone performing with snakes though (but that was back in the '90s).

Back