• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Agree or disagree with Desantis’ politics, one thing I would not argue against is his competence.

I saw someone else comment to the effect that this could hurt Herschel Walker in the Georgia senate runoff. There’s probably truth to that. And 51 senate seats versus a tie at 50/50 with a VP tie break actually does make a difference. An outright Dem senate majority would give them much more power for committees, procedural matters, etc. it might have been wiser for Trump to wait the couple more weeks til after Georgia voted. Anyway, he didn’t, and we’ll see how this goes.

I saw someone else comment to the effect that this could hurt Herschel Walker in the Georgia senate runoff. There’s probably truth to that. And 51 senate seats versus a tie at 50/50 with a VP tie break actually does make a difference. An outright Dem senate majority would give them much more power for committees, procedural matters, etc. it might have been wiser for Trump to wait the couple more weeks til after Georgia voted. Anyway, he didn’t, and we’ll see how this goes.
I suspect the democrats will be more motivated. A lot of republican voters may have simply voted for him because he was on the ticket with everyone else and won’t bother showing up for a run off. The Trump voters might show up but how much of them make up that vote is another story as I think swing voters and some number of republicans won’t be as enamoured with a now Candidate Trump endorsed candidate.

Political competence.

Anyway, it's official- Trump filed his paperwork with the Federal Election Commission this evening, he's running for 2024.

Let the merriment begin.

Kenan Thompson Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

:giggle:

DeSantis has more competence than just political, which is why he won so strongly in Florida. No point trying to dodge that.

Oh, that's helpful. Failed candidates for the presidency never do something that concedes the loss and then go on to claim their opponent won illegitimately.

DeSantis has more competence than just political, which is why he won so strongly in Florida. No point trying to dodge that.
I can agree with that. He performed quite competently when dealing with his state’s recent natural disasters. No denying that.

It's going to be a long couple of years coming. Dig deep into the jar of ha-ha. There will be bright spots. For example, Trump's re-engagement will be a lifeline to a few dozen media personalities and a couple of major agencies.

Trump filed his paperwork with the Federal Election Commission this evening, he's running for 2024.

Trivia: This is the earliest announced presidential candidacy in history.

Midterm cover of the New Yorker.

Attachments

• low-tide-barry-blitt.jpg
    low-tide-barry-blitt.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 14
Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon have got to be ecstatic about this.

;)

Back