• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Premier Ford To Use "Notwithstanding" Against Education Staff- split fromFreedom Convoy Protests

We are seeing health care workers leaving in large numbers. I could see educational workers (not teachers mind you) doing the same if things don’t improve.

We are seeing health care workers leaving in large numbers. I could see educational workers (not teachers mind you) doing the same if things don’t improve.

Probably why the feds are hell bent on bringing in so many new immigrants, new people don't know the difference.

Probably why the feds are hell bent on bringing in so many new immigrants, new people don't know the difference.
That line could have been (and probably was) used in the 1880s to settle the Prairies.

This isn't a new thing by the Feds.

What, exactly, are the numbers of workers leaving health care? A small number of departures from an already overworked population? Or "large numbers"?

We keep passing by the opportunity to recalibrate our country to an approximately fixed population size. We aren't serious about reducing emissions if we keep bringing in people from regions with low per capita energy consumption to one of high per capita consumption.

What, exactly, are the numbers of workers leaving health care? A small number of departures from an already overworked population? Or "large numbers"?

I would say « large numbers » according to this article

I'll have to check back in 5 years. Meanwhile, I'll have to make do with waiting to see how many progressives really will leave Twitter, and how many Democrats really will move to Canada after the coming election blowout. #threatsarecheap

Or they're not just spoiled rotten little whine-a-macs like Canadians are turning into.....

Too much entitlement and social welfare in this country.

We keep passing by the opportunity to recalibrate our country to an approximately fixed population size. We aren't serious about reducing emissions if we keep bringing in people from regions with low per capita energy consumption to one of high per capita consumption.

By 2030 the environment will be fixed, that's what the carbon tax is for don't ya know.

I'll have to check back in 5 years. Meanwhile, I'll have to make do with waiting to see how many progressives really will leave Twitter, and how many Democrats really will move to Canada after the coming election blowout. #threatsarecheap

Sure. Same as with the amount leaving the forces. Let’s see how that goes in 5 years instead of trying to stop it. I mean that sort of forward thinking has worked so far right?

If you are lumping Twitter and how people feel about elections with HR planning and labour trends then there isn’t much I can do to help your line of thought on this.

I would say « large numbers » according to this article
You can't count those that just expressed a possibility of leaving. You can only count those who have actually left due to stress and overwork. Not those that retired because of medical or family/ social problems not associated with work load. I also wonder how many of those saying they were leaving in five years were actually due to retire anyway.

You can't count those that just expressed a possibility of leaving. You can only count those who have actually left due to stress and overwork. Not those that retired because of medical or family/ social problems not associated with work load.
That’s a fair point. I suspect that there are still a good chunk though that are leaving due to conditions. My wife left nursing years ago for another career. She went to the IT world and never looked back and is thankful she isn’t a nurse any more.

The health care system is under stress and part of that is people leaving in larger numbers than attrition can make up for.

Rob Reiner's twitter feed is an absolute riot. If you need a break in the seriousness and discussion here, the responses he's getting (for threatening to leave, but didn't) are absolutely priceless. You will at least smile and chuckle before returning here.

Shit, I'm getting confused on which theads I was leaving.

Feel free to disregard my posts.

Sorry

If you are lumping Twitter and how people feel about elections with HR planning and labour trends
The point is that talk is cheap, especially with time invested in a DB pension.

I agree a problem exists which should be fixed. But it isn't going to be fixed by spending money on interest-free student loans.

The point is that talk is cheap, especially with time invested in a DB pension.

I agree a problem exists which should be fixed. But it isn't going to be fixed by spending money on interest-free student loans.
What thread are you in? We were talking about educational workers. My comment was that it could turn out to be similar to some sectors like health care if issues are not adressed in response to you claiming they likely would not.

So no change??

Couldn't help it, .....you through a batting practice fastball right down the middle.:cool:
I know. But some people look and agree. That's good enough for me. I never put forward that I was omnipotent and all knowing. I'm just a guy that has seen and observed a lot of the world. I have seen things most Canadians never will and participated in some. I have opinions like everyone else. You want to have a real meaningful discussion, that requires face to face and a real exchange of ideas from all sides. Not here. There's no nuance, real expression or body language. They are words on a page. Unlike Voltaire and Shakespeare, most of us don't express or convey well when we write. Yeah, a lot of my stuff tweaks people the wrong way. I've always been direct and don't beat around the bush. I don't massage people enough before I let loose, I guess. All in all, I think I do pretty well for a guy that only has a Grade 10 tech education. I make no apologies for my ideas and prose. You don't like them and think I'm wrong, convince and prove it to me. This is just a real poor place to do it though.

It was a good shot that you gave me though. It's what I get for trying to be polite, I guess 😂

We were talking about educational workers.
The threshold for entry into those jobs is lower; most of the people holding those jobs are there because it's difficult for them to do better. They're in a weaker position to make departure threats than people holding jobs with higher bars to entry. Same general idea applies: threats are cheap; follow-through has costs; hiring new employees isn't necessarily difficult. Secondary point: all these things people are wringing hands over cost money, so I find it amazing that people will get behind policies that are nothing more than hand-outs to people who don't need them. I'm willing to call for a hard stop to unnecessary spending, or even necessary spending relative to even more necessary spending.

The threshold for entry into those jobs is lower; most of the people holding those jobs are there because it's difficult for them to do better.
Threshold for entry is one thing. Retention is another.
They're in a weaker position to make departure threats than people holding jobs with higher bars to entry. Same general idea applies: threats are cheap; follow-through has costs; hiring new employees isn't necessarily difficult.

Actually hiring new employees is difficult. Is the current situation that educational workers find themselves making it more enticing to want to pursue that line of work?

We’ve seen it in the CAF which has low entry standards for a pile of trades that people will vote with their feet. Pension be damned and go looking for greener pastures.

Back